• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Changing Projectile Speed with triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I noticed it is now possible to change a unit's weapon projectile speed with triggers in the world editor. When I tried it out though, it doesn't seem to work. I noticed that in the trigger itself, it shows an index integer you can adjust, but I am not sure what it means.

My trigger looks like this:
Unit - Set Unit: (Last created unit)'s Weapon Real Field: Attack Projectile Speed ('ua1z')at Index:0 to Value: (Distance between Temp_Point[1] and Temp_Point[2])

Am I missing something? Like I said, the change doesn't appear to take place. The Goal of this trigger is to have a flashy effect where an invisible unit shoots off a projectile from points scattered across the map that all meet at a single point at the same time, and thus another effect fires off once they all meet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Most of those new functions don't work yet. Hopefully Blizzard fixes them with the release of Reforge.

And most indices start at 0 now. So if a unit has 2 Weapons for example, Weapon 1 will be Index 0, and Weapon 2 will be Index 1. I'm assuming Projectile Speed references the Weapon Projectiles so Index 0 is probably for Weapon 1. Or for the levels of an ability it will be level 1 = Index 0, level 2 = Index 1, level 3 = Index 2, etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.