• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing model's path to texture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I hope this is the right place for this.

I'm trying to change a model that is using a texture with path Textures\gutz.blp, which happens to overwrite blizzard's texture for, well, that cool stuff which comes out when units explode or decay.

I tried War3 Model Editor, but it doesn't let me change the texture's path, it is just giving that gray unmodifiable text box.

I even tried notepad to change the texture's path, but that didn't quite go as planned.

Any help appreciated!

Level 26
If you tried to change the pathname by right clicking the texture in the "texture manager" and clicking "edit" then you are doing it wrong.

To put a different texture on a model (or part of a model) you have to open up the "material manager" because the textures go on materials and materials are what go on the geosets of the model. So when you have the material manager open, click on a material and select one of the material layers (most of the time there is only 1 layer) and then select a different texture from the pull down box

Status
Not open for further replies.