• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

changing cast point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
every unit have a casting point, which determinds how long the unit casts. For example, if you give the "storm bolt" order to the mountain king, you have to wait shortly while he is doing a animation, before he actually cast the spell and realese the storm bolt.

in my case it is 0.5, i could easily change it in we to any value i want to, but i need a way to change it ingame.
i want that a item change it . im using a custom attack system , which is based on spells, so if you attack 100% faster, it should change to 0.25.
if there is no way, i would need a work around. But before i do this, i want to know if there is a simple way.

Level 9
im not interested to change the anim speed, i m only interested in changing the cast point, which is independet from the aniamtion speed.

to your example:
you have to wait till the archmage reached his cast point, before you can order a attack. If you order the attack before, the spell will be canceleed.

Level 7
There isn't a simple way. To authentically change a unit's cast point, you'll have to swap the unit-type in-game (either with replace unit, or using a morphing/chaos ability).

Any idea how to make this work using the Metamorphosis ability? It doesn't actually seem to change the cast point of the unit to the alternate form unit's cast point, but rather when you morph it keeps the original form unit's cast point. :mad:

[edit]Nevermind, bad idea. I'm using hero spells in my case, and any spell that you acquire prior to using metamorphosis will retain the original unit's cast point. Any spell learned after using morph will then permanently retain the morphed unit's cast point. No good.

Level 10
[edit]Nevermind, bad idea. I'm using hero spells in my case, and any spell that you acquire prior to using metamorphosis will retain the original unit's cast point. Any spell learned after using morph will then permanently retain the morphed unit's cast point. No good.

Woah, really? That could let you have different spells with different cast points. Not particularly helpful for the original question, but in itself, possibly cool...I'll need to try this.

Level 7
Woah, really? That could let you have different spells with different cast points. Not particularly helpful for the original question, but in itself, possibly cool...I'll need to try this.

Yeah good point. Yeah in my case, the hero morphed and gained a 'unit' ability only available in the morphed state. This ability had a cast point of 0.05, quite noticeable, while the hero abilities which are available in both morphed/unmorphed states retained their original cast point of 0.67. If I put a skill point into an unlearned hero ability while in morphed state, the cast point would be 0.05 in both morphed and unmorphed states from then on. However, the morph state has no effect on skilling up an already learned ability (I think :eekani:).

Actually, it might be possible to remove and re-add the hero spells after morphing/unmorphing to update the cast point. I'm gonna try this later >>>

[EDIT]Yeah this method works. Removing and re-adding abilities after morphing will update those abilities to the current unit's cast point. However, it also resets the cooldowns of the abilities. Anybody know any way to keep the ability cooldowns after re-adding them? For my hero this isn't very important, but for most cases it will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.