• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] how to get a unit to complete a spell cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
some of the spells they cast with their animation and the trigger doesnt sit well with me. i made a trigger to detect begin casting and the triggers works seconds before their. like they can spam move while spaming their spell. if i trigger them finish casting, the trigger looks broken and behind

what im trying to say, is there a way to make a unit complete their animation then the spell takes effect right after.

i also tried tinkering with the animation cast point and backswing, but it wasnt what i was aiming for.

the instant casts arent really an issue, but the target unit or target point is giving me an issues to trigger with. i can spam the spell and spam stop and the trigger would activate

Last edited:
Level 5
If you're using GUI, you should be using "Starts the effect of an ability" for spell triggers generally speaking (not in every situation, but in most). If you're scripting, it's EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT.

If you're using it, and don't like the unit clipping its cast animation, then pushing the cast point further out will help with that issue.

If you're trying to make the "Stats - Casting Time" work in the ability tab of the object editor, it's not trivial to make an animation play during that "casting time" it's mentioning there. It's possible, however, I scripted a system for it for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.