• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Order a dummy unit to cast a specific spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want my dummy unit to cast a spell, so I used: "Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (cast a spell) (Target point of ability being cast)". But in the (cast a spell) part there is only a few spell available. How can I order the unit to cast a spell outside of the list? Thanks!

Level 3
There's only a few spell, like this. I want to cast a spell that isn't on that list.

Attachments

• spell.png
    spell.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 98
Level 8
You mean, you want him to cast the custom spells you made. Well, to do that, first, remember the ability you copied to make your own. Then, find the non custom ability and see its name. After that,
Use your function "Unit - Order bla bla bla" and put in the spell you copied to make your own. The function will register and see any available ability on that unit that is similar to the one you want to cast and it'll work. If you didn't understand, I can't help you.

Level 25
In other words:
If you base your ability off Holy Light, use the Issue order - Human Paladin Holy Light - Unit
or
If you base your ability off Chain Lighting, use the Issue order - Orc Far Seer - Unit

etc

Status
Not open for further replies.