• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Attack type through triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to change a hero's attack type through triggers once they got specific items.
For example, paladin gets an item called 'item A', so once they get the item, their attack type will change from HERO to CHAOS.

One more thing, i also want to change their 'Combat-Attacks Enabled' from 'Attack 1' to 'Attack 2' through items like 'item B'

help will give you +rep :thumbs_up:
~btw, will it be very hard to do??

Level 11
Use the bear form, create another unit with chaos attack and paladin's abattack 2 then create 2 bear fo form abilities, one is from paladin to second unit and one is from second unit to paladin.
Triggers
Event = unit acquires item
Action =
If item being manuplated = item and hero manuplating item = paladin then add paladin to bear to hero manuplating item and remove paladin to bear from hero manuplating item else do nothing
Trigger 2
Event = unit loses item
Action = if item being manuplated is item and hero manuplating item is paladin or second unit then do add second unit to paladin and remove second unit to paladin

btw bear form alternate unit is the unit you morph from and orogonal unit is the unit you morph to

Level 33
i also thought the original unit was the unit you morph from until defskull told me it wasnt
The default Bear Form ability is right -,-"
Normal Form IS Normal Form
Alternate Form IS Alternate Form

But when you do the "passive hero transformation" method, the rule is changed;
Normal Form IS Alternate Form
Alternate Form IS Normal Form

Which in this case, you should follow the second one, to use the passive hero transformation method.

First create one more copy of that unit and change its attack type.

Next, you would have to create 2 abilities based on Bear Form.

One is to change from A to B, another one is to change from B to A.

Here's a test map for example;
Press ESC key to change attack type of that Footman.

Attachments

• Passive Hero Transformation.w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.