• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to change attack type in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I think about giving to the hero ability like ultimate from goblin tinker, and then use it (the morphed unit will be the same with different attack type)

something like this

E:unit recieved item
C:item is blabla
A:Add abiliity XY to hero
Unit-issue order to cast ability XY

I am sure you know what I mean

Level 13
You could always create the same unit with the changed attack and replace it via triggers.

Level 37
Add the nightelf root ability in a disabled spellbook, then add another root abiltiy with the desired attacktype. Next, order your unit to cast the root abiltiy, and then take it away from the unit. I know this works with armor type, but since I'm at school I can't test it right now.
Sounds interesting.

You could always create the same unit with the changed attack and replace it via triggers.
Changing unit is not possible because of items and custom made ability system.

I did it, here is the link, take a look at it and see if your interested. It is triggered off of an item, but all that it would take is a twist on the system to instead of increasing attack range, change attack type. Item Range Boost v2

Level 9
I figure Aeroblyctos was trying to create a system where different weapons caused different types of damage. The orb is a neat solution for two attack types, but I can't think of any solution short of having more than one unit of one type to do all the attack types.

You can toggle between Attack 1 and Attack 2 by using orb abilities such as Orb of Fire, as well as various other abilities (I think Drunken Haze may be able to).

Thus, you could have two attack types built into the hero by default.

The problem with orb ability is that it doesn't work correctly, you can't enable attack 1. Even you said me so some years ago I remember.

Level 12
Since you need all types of weaponry, you'll probably need to just make a bunch of variations of the unit, and have variations of the metamorph with []permanent morph checked. That'd be the smoothest way, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.