• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing a unit's attack-type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I know you can change unit's armor type with a simple upgrade -but is there a way to do this with attack types also????

A little background: I am in the process of creating a map and basically I want a group of special units having their attack changed to chaos as a result of an event.

Is this possible? And if so what's the easiest way to accomplish this?

In case Im not providing enough info the units are essentially knights and are intended to gain a chaos-type attack instead of their regular-type attack as a result of being blessed by a god.

Level 5
The easiest way, assuming the unit whose attack type you're trying to change only has a single attack and not two different attacks is to duplicate its first attack as attack two, only change the attack type to chaos, then make an upgrade that enables the second attack - this has the efffect of disabling the first attack leaving the unit only able to use the second attack, which does chaos type damage.

So make a unit have two identical attacks, the attack type of the first is whatever you want, while the attack type of the second is chaos.

Make an upgrade that enables the second attack, give this upgrade to the unit and make a trigger that researches an upgrade.

Here's an example of what the upgrade would look like.

upload_2019-8-24_23-9-48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.