• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Unit attack type question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I was tinkering wit the editor and I was wondering if there was a way to change a unit's attack type, using triggers maybe? I was trying to make it so that when a particular hero picks up an item it changes his attack to choas, any way i could accomplish this?

Level 11
In the actions section of the trigger there is an action "replace unit" ...essentially replace the unit with a clone of it that has the desired attack type... that should do this, there is another way but its more complicated than this.

Level 11
Alter a metamorphosis ability, make the normal unit form the original unit, make the alternate unit form the cloned unit with the modified attack, set flags to uninterruptible, permanent , set alternate form hit points to 0 (otherwise it'll add watver hit point you put here to the new form), set mana cost to 0, set up a trigger - add ability, add this ability to the unit, then set up a new action, issue order with no target, order unit to Night Elf Demon hunter - Metamorphosis, and there you go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.