• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Types Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Your thinking right, if its simple then why do you need help?

A: Im that uneducated

Anyway when a unit it attacks it has different attack animations
(EXAMPLE= A unit could attack with a stabing attack and a slashing attack)

is there a way to change the attack types so that it does the same attack over and over; instead of randomly using attack animations?

If you can help Thanks!

(P.S. im refering to the privateer model by Lord_T and i need the model to do the animation where he swings both his sword and pistol at the target repeatedly so when i give him a ranged attack he isnt just swinging and making bullets with his sword XD)

Level 6
I think you could remove all but 1 of the attack animation by triggering... Not sure though xD

Level 7
well the animation triggers basicly only target units already on the map as far as my abilities go, and animation triggers and i dont get along well....

anyways you can get a unit already on the map to do an animation, but i want it to be always the same when he attacks, not just 1 unit but a load of trained units

I think you will need an ability, e.g. Item Attack Fire Bonus, that enables specific attack animation, once carried/added to a unit, changing the field of "Art - Animation Names"; there, just type the "Attack - 1" for example, and this will be the only attack animation called when that unit attacks, only when having this ability added. Remember, that if you remove the ability, the attack animation will be set back to default.

Level 7
I think you will need an ability, e.g. Item Attack Fire Bonus, that enables specific attack animation, once carried/added to a unit, changing the field of "Art - Animation Names"; there, just type the "Attack - 1" for example, and this will be the only attack animation called when that unit attacks, only when having this ability added. Remember, that if you remove the ability, the attack animation will be set back to default.

I tried this but it didnt work for me...
i tried Attack - 1; Attack 1, Attack1, Attack-1, Attack- 1, ect for 1 and 2
i also tried just Attack and 2 seperated strings like Attack; Second

Status
Not open for further replies.