• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Changig maps in the middle of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am currently working on a single player project. It's meant to be a series of dungeons with bosses/puzzles (essentially trying to mimick the WoW dungeon/raid experience except a single player controlls all the dungeon participants) I want to make a single map which would work sort of like a selection menu for all the dungeons (which would each be a separate map).
My question is how to allow the players to change back and forth between maps.
I know that its possible cause in the Rexxar campaigh there were a lot of maps between which one could travel at will through a simple <unit enters region> trigger.
Would i have to make the project as a campaign (in which case ill have to learn all about those) or is there a way to travel between maps not connected with a campaign.
Any and All help is highly apreciated :)

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I don't think it is mandatory to have it in a campaign, because I already used game caches to make transitions between maps, before I put them in the campaign.
I would recommend to pack it as a campaign though, because then you will be sure, that every player has all the maps.
Campaigns are not hard to make.

You should get the MPQ editor and open the Rexxar campaign to take a look how it was done there.
It using a combination of game cache and saving/loading to switch between maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.