• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with Save/Load triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying out the Save/Load game and Save/Change level triggers in an attempt to make a campaign where the player can move back and forth between multiple maps like in the TFT bonus campaign with Rexxar-- But the Save/Load trigger doesn't seem to be working!! In my test campaign, Illidan can enter a cave (The cave is a seperate map to outside.), but when he leaves the cave to go back to the start map, it goes right back to the campaign screen!! :cry: Please help me! :cry:

Level 18
but when he leaves the cave to go back to the start map, it goes right back to the campaign screen!! Please help me!

How am I supposed to help you when you haven't posted a damn thing. This is the Triggers & Scripts section yet all you have done is whine about how you can't get something to work. What do you want me to do? "Abra Kadabra"? I can't just snap my fingers and your triggers are fixed. You actually have to post them.

Level 4
Okay, here are my triggers for the overmap:

the 'start' trigger:

• Events-Map initilization
  • Actions-GameCache - create from TransTest.w3v
    • Set DaCache=Last created game cache
    • Set illidanhero = (The pre-placed Illidan unit)
    • If the TransTest\TransitionTest01.w3z file exists then delete the TransTest\TransitionTest01.w3z file else do nothing
    • (The I just set my sky/time of day)
The 'Transition' trigger:

• Events-unit enters (the region in the cave)
  • Contitions - Triggering unit = illidanhero
  • Actions - Save illidanhero as illidanhero of hero in dacache
    • Save dacache
    • Remove Illidanhero from the game
    • If cavevisit = true
      • Save the game as TransTest\TransitionTest01.w3z and load TransTest\TransitionTest02.w3z (Skip scores)
    • Else save game as TransTest\TransitionTest01.w3z and change map to Maps\GromGames\TransitionTest02.w3x (Skip scores)
The 'Load' trigger:

• Events - a saved game is loaded
  • Actions - GameCache-Create gamecache from TransTest.w3v
    • Set dacache = lastcreated gamecache
    • Set cavevisit = true
    • Restore Illidanhero of hero at centre of (Just outside the cave) from Dacache
    • Set illidanhero = last restored unit

Posting Submap triggers soon.

Oh, and please don't make my lack of crystal-clear description sound like some horrible, unforgiveable crime against the whole of humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.