• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Save/Load Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
For my campaign I am working on I want a save a load system. This is one player obviously so I can use the game cache to save and load back hero's and such. I have tried to make it how I want it to be but have been unsuccessful.

What I want:
1) At the map load up you get a dialog... "New Character" or "Load Character"
2) If you click new character it lets you make a new one ect and all that...
3) When you click load, it goes to a seperate area where you can view all you saved characters from before. When you click one it will tell you what level it is.
4) When you hit the up arrow key or something it selects the hero and you go on your merry way.
5) For the save load system I would like some kind of a vendor that sells the item "save" which does just what it says.
6) Lastly, it would be nice if it was in GUI because I am not very good at jass yet.

Either tell me how this is done, link me to an example or send me a map with the system. Thanks and +rep for all those who help or suggest things!

Status
Not open for further replies.