• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change missile direction in flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi
Is it possible by any way to change any missile direction in flight? (example: a target-point spell that pick every missile in map and make them retarget the target-point)
I already tried with periodic event triggers, the move unit function only seems to work for units, not missiles, same for the "apply force" effect used by hybrid Maar's shockwave or forcefield, it was already pretty weird on units, it is totally uneffective on missiles.

any ideas? I'd like to change the missile direction every 0,05 sec or something so if I have to use the "launch new missile and remove last one" method it is probably gonna be dirty as fuck.

ty for answering

Level 9
Im wondering how the guy did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_--dGYCow0
He is changing missiles direction here !

EDIT: Actually I just looked his map and his missiles are based on units, so he just made a dirty thing like in warcraft 3, it is really sad, is there really nothing to change a missile direction/target or change it's mover in flight? it is really super super super sad.

Last edited:
Level 9
yea I managed to change the trajectory of the missile by making it target an invisible unit and making this last move by triggers, now the problem is that the missiles graphics simply dont show up the correct data, they collide with the correct modified trajectory and shit in game, but the missile simply APPEARS to be on a non-modified trajectory (just goin forward).
I checked many many things in the missiles's movers category, but nothing seem to work.

EDIT: Okay problem solved it is becuz the invisible targeted unit had no actor or something, it made missile graphics bug. (when I use an observer it works fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.