• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible bug with manually moving a missile unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have simple wants... I want to move a missile around. It won't.

I isolated the problem and made a map with one trigger and no data changes:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Weapon - Longbolt Missile for player 1 at (Center of (Entire map)) using point facing (No Options)
      • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to (Point(20.0, 12.0)) (Blend)
When the map starts the missile is in the center of the map. It does not move. I tried it with a periodic start in case it was an initialization thing...it's not.

I suppose I could make my own actor and move it around manually... but that limits me in some triggers (for example the "find every unit in region" won't let me detect my missiles.

Anyone know why this won't work?

EDIT:

I've noticed that if I set the unit's "Mover" to None I can actually move the missile manually. There is a new problem though... the missile cannot be turned smoothly...instead it snaps instantly to where I move it. I'm talking about this line:

• Unit - Make (Last created unit) face (Center of (Entire map)) over 10.0 seconds
The missile will turn, but it does it in a fraction of a second, not 10.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When the map starts the missile is in the center of the map. It does not move. I tried it with a periodic start in case it was an initialization thing...it's not.
The move does work but it only lasts 1 game frame (you will need to loop it every game frame for it to appear smooth). A game frame is not a graphic frame, there are many gaphic frames per game frame. Missiles from the data editor calculate path twice per game frame for added smoothness.

I am guessing it has very odd behaviour if used on a moving unit. When the unit has no mover it is always stationary and so works better.

I can actually move the missile manually
You mean with triggers... "Manually" refers to selecting it and ordering it to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.