• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Challenging Spell Pack - Faceless Worshiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
FACELESS WORSHIPER
Models:
Faceless One Deathbringer
Tentacle (Found at - Neutral Passive, Icecrown Glacier, Special)
Forgotten One (Found at - Neutral Hostile, Icecrown Glacier, Special)

Dark Calling (3 Ranks)
V'zax channels a powerful spell onto a targeted destination for 3 seconds. Under these 3 seconds a tentacle from Yogg'saron starts to crawl up from the ground. When the channel is complete, a dark nova will be realeased dealing 100/200/300 damage in a 400 AoE, in addition, the tentacle that emerged will attack nearby enemies and lasts until killed or for 15 sec.

- For channel, make a purple drain life lightning effect between the Worshiper and the targeted point if possible. If not, use mana drain lightning effect.
- Slow down the tentacles animation speed so its birth animation lasts for 3 sec instead of 0.667 sec.
- Move units a little bit when channel starts so they are not in the way for the tentacle if they are standing at the targeted point.
- Tentacle should be invulnerable until it has come out completely.
- Use a base spell which shows the 400 AoE when targeting a spot. For example Blizzard or any other AoE spell.
- Use "Stand Ready" animation for caster while channeling the spell.

--

Curse of the Old God (3 Ranks)
Curses an enemy target for 6 seconds. Causing 20/40/60% of all damage done by the Faceless Worshiper to damage the cursed unit. This damage is only dealt if the Faceless Worshiper is damaging any other enemy than the cursed one.

- All damage done by the Faceless Worshiper should work such as abilties, items, normal attacks. However any damage done to the cursed unit directly will not cause an additional 50% damage.
- AoE damage should not damage the cursed unit, only single target damage.

--

Shadow Bind (3 Ranks)
V'zax places a dark curse upon an enemy target, reducing its movement speed by 100%. The curse lasts for 5 seconds, and the target regains 20% of its movement speed each second.

--

Will of Yogg'saron (1 Rank)
Yogg'saron starts channeling his powers through V'zax, making him unable to act. However a spiritual body of Yogg'saron surrounds V'zax, also making him invulnerable. The channel lasts for 15 seconds.
Every 1.5 sec a tentacle starts to erupt near an enemy within 800 of V'zax, after 1.5 sec it is fully grown and explodes, creating a shadow nova which deals damage based on the level of Dark Calling. If there is no nearby enemy, the tentacles spawns at a random point within 800 of V'zax.

- Use the Forgotten One model as the spiritual body of Yogg'saron, make it transparent. If possible, make it untargetable, so a player only can target the caster inside.
- Make the first tentacle spawn after 1.5 sec. Reduce their animation speed so the birth animation lasts for 1.5 sec instead of 0.667 sec. Total of 10 tentacles spawning.
- If possible, show a 15 sec timer called "Will of Yogg'saron" over the casters xp bar, like when having metamorphosis and such.
- Loop "Spell" animation for the caster through the duration.
- The spell cannot be interrupted, so it works as a survival mechanism aswell.

--

It doesn't matter if you do this in jass or gui, preferably gui as then I can replace units and such on my own. If you make it in jass, I will send you my map and you will make the spells directly in there with the right models and such :)

I am aware that these spells can be quite difficult to make, but if someone is up for the challenge it would be awesome. This is a Hero that I think can be alot of fun to play.

I hope someone is up for the challenge to make this Hero go live :D of course credits will be given :)

Level 9
I might try this (cannot guarantee that I will do it,this is my first attempt at making a trigger spell,its more for myself).

Questions:
Causing 20/40/60% of all damage done by the Faceless Worshiper to damage the cursed unit.

Didnt understand.Elaborate?

I also dont know what is a Yoggsaron and a Vzax.

Level 11
Yeah sorry, V'zax is the name of the Hero, Faceless Worshiper :)
Yogg'saron is an Old God, which is using V'zax to channel his powers through.

Ok, about the curse. This means that the Hero casts this curse on a targeted enemy. While the curse is active, if the Faceless Worshiper attacks something with normal attacks or a single target spell, the cursed unit will take 20% of that damage (as for rank 1).
However, this damage is only dealt if the attack made by the Faceless Worshiper is against an enemy who does not have the curse.

Hope this clarifies a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.