• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chainsaw & Chainsaw with Blood Attachments

Reactions: deepstrasz
I just made a short search through the Hive's model section and found out that there's only one chainsaw model! I quickly decided to make another one, one that's slightly different. I made the model and Anvil took care of the chain's geoset animation & skinning issues. Not much else I've to say about it.....i hope you like it! Have fun with it and feel free to use it in any thinkable way!
......but please,make sure to READ the safety instructions before using it. ;)

About the model:
That's it! The ultimate cutter and shredder! Thoug originally a tool for lumbering, it also makes a fantastic weapon too, for close encounters at least, and......it's especially suitable for zombies! They realy hate chainsaws, since they literally cut'em short! ;)
Just pick up the saw, and let the hunt of of the walking dead begin! :p

Keywords:
chansaw, saw, Saw Movie, weapon, tool, attachment
Previews
Contents

BloodyChainsawAttachments (Model)

Chainsaw (Icon)

ChainsawAttachment (Model)

ChainsawItem (Model)

Reviews
18:01, 9th Nov 2012 -Grendel: damn good with a very clean UV and mesh. approved.

M

18:01, 9th Nov 2012
-Grendel: damn good with a very clean UV and mesh. approved.

coolio, we do need chainsaws
too much trees to cut down or to many zombies to rip apart? :wink:

Looks interesting, wonder if I can use it.
GJ.
sure you can, just don't forget to read the ''User Instruction Manual'' first :wink: Misuse can result in serious injury and possibly amputation of body parts. :wink:

Nice model,good work :goblin_yeah:
thx :ogre_hurrhurr:

Damn I thought this said chainsword.
lol...what's a chainsword supposed to be? :vw_wtf:

Cool, useful for zombie maps! :)
oh yeah! This is why it comes in 2 versions. Version number one, the actual model is for cutting trees, it's without blood. Version two, the ''portrait'' is specified for amputating & ripping zombies! :wink:

ahh this looks epic lots of uses from tearing limbs form zombies and cutting down trees a peasants essential

this is a chainsword
Chainsword+THQ+Replica.jpg
oh, O.K. Dah, looks a bit too......specially made for a sword... :vw_wtf:

COOL 4/5
But the engine Is very Square
not quite, the backside is a bit different shaped. Chainsaw engines are generally put into square coils.

Zombie shredding time! 5/5
Yes! :goblin_yeah:

This is awesome. Great job, uncle. 4/5.
thx :ogre_hurrhurr:

wow this attachments sick, this one looks a tad bit less real then that other one, because the other one has like vibrating spikes, but this ones cool because it matches warcraft3 better. its all in preferences. they are both good, this ones more cartoony but lacks the smothered in blood look that the other one has. this ones still awesome.

I like it alot!

wow this attachments sick, this one looks a tad bit less real then that other one, because the other one has like vibrating spikes, but this ones cool because it matches warcraft3 better. its all in preferences. they are both good, this ones more cartoony but lacks the smothered in blood look that the other one has. this ones still awesome.

I like it alot!
thanks for your review. Good to hear more oppinions. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 1
Hi all. first its nice model. looks nice when attached to unit. but its quite big.
is there any way to scale down chainsaw? oc I mean INside world editor, to make proportional to my unit.
thanks for any help.
and of course for model :)
OK I just read similar post.
so my question is HOW TO scale it?

Hi all. first its nice model. looks nice when attached to unit. but its quite big.
is there any way to scale down chainsaw? oc I mean INside world editor, to make proportional to my unit.
thanks for any help.
and of course for model :)
OK I just read similar post.
so my question is HOW TO scale it?
ty :ogre_hurrhurr: I'm not sure, but there should be a way. Maybe you should post your question here. :wink:

Level 1
ty :ogre_hurrhurr: I'm not sure, but there should be a way. Maybe you should post your question here. :wink:

hi again, I could not find way to scale chainsaw attachment in world editor, but I found way to do so in model editor. my question is: is that violation of authors rights, or its ok to scale up/down in ME as long I give credits to him?

please note I dont mean to do any bad, I'm just trying to make a fun map.

hi again, I could not find way to scale chainsaw attachment in world editor, but I found way to do so in model editor. my question is: is that violation of authors rights, or its ok to scale up/down in ME as long I give credits to him?

please note I dont mean to do any bad, I'm just trying to make a fun map.
feel free to scale it down or edit it any other way you want. The discription of the model says it already: '' free to use it in any thinkable way!''. This is the same with all of my models. Every user can free ly use and edit them if desired. Credits aren't necessary for me. :wink: Yes, you got my permission. If you want you can credit me, but i'm not demanding it it (i.e. it's not a must). If someone asks you for the permission of the original author, just link him this post of mine. :wink: