• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chain of Command Ver 3.07

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Two opposing armies vie for control of the battlefield in this strategy game.

Overview- This map is for those who are interested in a tactical game and are not concerned with base management. The map is based off of Don_Rip's chain of command map, which is based off of the Starcraft chain of command map.

Gameplay-
The goal of the game is to either take control of the battlefield (via capturing 7 "control points") or kill the opposing team's commander or capital. Control points (marked on the map by shop icons) give gold to whichever team holds them. Gold can be used to either upgrade the units commanders give out or buy special units that are not usually available to players.

Commanders-
Commanders give units to their generals and give them orders. The commander coordinates his team's attacks and defenses without worrying about micromanagement. Commanders may also purchase units for their own use or buy upgrades for their team. If a commander is killed his team loses. Commanders have control over their castle's gates and can also order their generals to be executed if they decide it is necessary.

Generals-
Generals obey their commanders and use the troops they are given. Good communication, micro, and alertness are the signs of a good general. When a general dies he can no longer receive units from his commander (though he can still purchase mercenaries).

Heroes-
Heroes in chain of command are very different from heroes in other maps. Chain of Command heroes are not extremely powerful units as far as fighting is concerned. They can beat any other unit once they've hit about level 5, but they are also units that the player can't afford to lose. Generals have auras that help other units fight and abilities that allow them to avoid damage and escape traps. Commanders can also produce auras and can summon their personal guards to fight in addition to being able to gather intelligence on the location of their enemies and escape traps.

Items-
There are very few items in this map, and those that exist either help heroes become frontliners that can survive battles (though focused fire can force even the most powerful hero to retreat) or keep them out of danger while buffing their allies.

Terrain-
The map features two castles with working gate systems (and the ability to have units close gates if an enemy approaches them). There are also seven control points on the map, each one is a powerful position that grants the team holding it access to mercenaries and the gold to purchase them. The map is extremely large, this gives armies the opportunity to flank, makes reinforcing positions difficult and forces teams to use scouting methods to keep track of their opponents.

Made by I-Like-2-Lose and My.Team.Sux

Based on the chain of command map by Don_Rip

Keywords:
strategy, medieval, chain, of, command
Contents

Chain of Command Ver 3.07 (Map)

Reviews
13:52, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
Wow, my description was made of a whole lot of fail.

I made a new one, hope it's better.

I also didn't update the other one because it wouldn't let me. It had been rejected and for some reason that made me unable to update it (or I'm just bad at the internet).