• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chain Lightning won't bounce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a really weird problem with Chain Lightning. I used the standard chain lightning spell - no triggers, or anything. When i gave the spell to a unit, it worked perfectly fine. But then I tried to make a dummy unit cast chain lightning, it casted the spell fine, except it didn't bounce -- wierd, huh. So I'm wondering, is it because the unit has locust? that causes dummy units to be unable to make chain lightning bounce? Because when I replaced the dummy unit with a standard footman, the chain lightning bounced perfectly fine.

Level 2
Hmmm.... is it because of a library I'm using then? Because I'm using GDD and xe. I uploaded a screenshot of my trigger, as well as the chain lightning spell I'm using, in case it will help.

Level 33
If you alter Object Editor data, like changing Poison Strike - Decay Power data to 0.00, it will surely bugs the spell.
Same as the spell above, you should be careful when altering the data as it can bug the spell very much

All in all, you should provide us with a test map of your errors.
Then we can decipher what is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.