• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CD_Key Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
For the last couple of months, I've been trying to connect to Battle.net and I didn't successed but the thing I've realised then it was CD_Key that was missing. So I tried using a tool in order to change the CD_Key of Warcraft III but unfortunatly, he request me to enter my previous CD-Key which I don't know and I don't have it ???

I've tried to look somewhere to find it but I couldn't! Is there any chance I can retrieve my current CD-Key Warcraft 3?

TKF

TKF

Level 19
If you have registered your game at bnet website, you can retrieve it there, like I did. I retrieve my keys from there. I added my key there for savekeeping.

www.battle.net

If you at any case have changed your key, warcraft does in no way store your previous key. If you have, theres little hope unless you have the old files from earlier installations.

Otherwise there are programs which can fetch your cd key while you logon onto bnet, but is useless if you don't have any.

In older timers blizzard provided info on how you could help yourself with the key from your wc3 (I don't know which file, maybe one of the mpq's), but they closed it now (old link which didn't work anymore http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=awr0636p).

If you have the files from older installation with your cdkeys input, you should somehow be able to recover it, but I haven't done it myself.

I'm sure others here can be more of assistance.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
As TKF said your key is bound to your battle.net account, assuming you didn't use a different key for battle.net and installig wc3.
8619903a25e86556d4a3238ddf496140.png

eb56cad34b4d25626ef05a3d3b85b6a1.png

You can't do anything with my key anyway so don't bother to try.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you brought a retail copy of the game then the CD key will still be inside the original case. It is usually printed on a sticky label of sorts that is glued behind where the manuals are or directly below the disc.

Do note that when you buy WC3 you are ultimately paying for the CD key as that is the licence to use the product. The installation discs or downloaded installer are equivalently worthless as without a CD key you cannot use them fully. If you pirated WC3 then you will not have a genuine CD key so cannot fully use the product.

Level 28
If you're talking about the disc cover which is the place to find the CD_Key as I searched in the Internet
Well, I hate to say this but the cover is lost too..
I don't have a choice I think, I was hoping if there is something that might help me to search the Key in Warcraft III data if not then my current Warcraft 3 Battle.net is useless.
Ah Nevermind, I dunno why I cared so much, I could just play on other servers as GameRanger or Garena.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you're talking about the disc cover which is the place to find the CD_Key as I searched in the Internet
Well, I hate to say this but the cover is lost too..
I don't have a choice I think, I was hoping if there is something that might help me to search the Key in Warcraft III data if not then my current Warcraft 3 Battle.net is useless.
Ah Nevermind, I dunno why I cared so much, I could just play on other servers as GameRanger or Garena.
Official copies of WC3 came in a DVD case with the CD key printed on a label stuck to one of the sides. If you got yours in any other form it was pirated and the CD Key was fake. Fake CD keys work to install the game (they pass the algorithmic test) but they have a high chance to fail BattleNet as they are not "activated" keys.

What you are asking makes no sense. If the cd key was "missing" then it will not be in your data. The CD key is stored encrypted in one of the game archive files, the value is uploaded to BattleNet for evaluation and activated ones are let in.

Level 14
I remembered that I downloaded a pirated WC3 then I have an access through Battle.Net back then.
I couldn't remember the steps between after finishing the download and entering the Battle.Net.
It did happened to me back then. Must have a lot of luck for me I guess. :l

Status
Not open for further replies.