• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castlevania: Twilight of Despair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
20090312220844!Castlevania_logo.png

Castlevania: Twilight of Despair 悪魔城ドラキュラX:夕暮れ絶望の (Devil Castle Dracula X: Dusk of Despair)

Story: The year is 1810. It has been peaceful in Transylvania for many years. but on a summer day a thick fog rolled over Wallachia. That night the fog cleared a little to reveal Castlevania stood again over the town. the town panicked for the only known living Belmont. Richter had grown old and left to Warakiya, the Belmont's home town. In the woods outside of Wallachia Alucard seeing the castle set out to once again banish the castle and it's master. His own father Dracula.

Castlevania: Twilight of Despair is a side scroller that uses the arrow keys for movement. (^ jump, > move right, < move left) where you take control of Alucard from SOTN as he sets out to kill Dracula. It will be a campaign made up of a lot of maps. I intend to have 10-12 bosses. I will use Castlevania music (mostly from SOTN. it has good music :) ) I will try to recreate many aspects of Castlevania games like their save/load system, a inventory system, relic system, and others

Levels:
??????
??????
??????
Portrait Gallery
??????
Clocktower
??????
??????
??????
??????
??????
Stairway of the Immortal
(there maybe more depending)

Bosses:
??????
Cerberus
??????
??????
??????
Legion
??????
Death
??????
Dracula
(?????)
(?????)

What I Need:

Terrainer
Modeler ( for Alucard and others)
System maker ( a Jump system, inventory, and save system.)(even though sephiroth1234 is system making I may need a Jasser)

The Team:
Bloodraylen: story/ some triggering
sephiroth1234: System maker?

Recruitment Thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/castlevania-twilight-despair-166418/

Last edited:
Level 4
Sounds interesting

This sound realy interesting! Ill keep an eye on this! I played castlevania since i was about 7 years, so if you need ideas...

Level 2
Ok, just a small update. still looking for a terrianer to get the maps done. but I am compiling some bosses, I added one to see if want him in :)

Level 2
No, unfortunately not. I am still looking for a terrainer :sad: but soon as I get one the project will speed along. :grin: (so it is basically in cryofreeze until I get a terrainer)

Level 2
Just a small update. added a Cerberus as a boss and still looking for anyone willing to help. I am thinking of letting Narrator doing some loading screens because the one I made was very crappy.

Level 4
Just a boss idea:

3.Malphas
It will mostly fly around the room. When it stops, it lands and releases a swarm of crows.
When flying, it also releases lots of feathers everywhere on the screen except under him.

And gives double jump?

Level 2
ok, I got sephiroth1234 doing some systems. yay! but I need a jasser to do some more systems. I asked sephiroth1234 do start the sub-weapons system (I only asked for knife,axe,cross,holy water, and stopwatch) and a poll:

DO YOU WANT ITEM CRASHES IN TWILIGHT OF DESPAIR?

Edit: I might use the 2d engine on THW. so i will just turn the models on their sides. (I think this is what Uberplayer is using for XANID)

Last edited:
Level 2
I will need help to get this on it's feet. I need help if you can help that will be appreciated. please send me a message. this is anti death of castlevania: Twilight of Despair bump!

Level 2
Work has restarted

I will not let this project die If I can help it. I have restarted on the project but I still need help. I desperately need models but good news is I found a good quality Alucard with a look very SOTN-ish. While I was gone I twiddled with triggers and mapmaking and I could possibly do some of the stuff (axe subweapon eh...) I have updated the first page and will continue to update it. Plus I will have some early dev screens of the ONE announced level soon (hopefully).

Level 2
:goblin_yeah: That would be great if you could. I love Symphony of the Night too so I will try my hardest to be original and stay true to the Metriodvania style SOTN intoduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.