• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow RPG 0.05

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a map for all those who like Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow.

Keywords:
castlevania,soma,aria of sorrow,hammer,julius,alucard,genya arikado,mina hakuba,yoko belnandes
Contents

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow RPG 0.05 (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review

[+] Author & map name
[+] Map description
[+] THW rules & regulation
[+] Map in English language
[+] No Error/Crash/Fatal error
[-] Quality are acceptable
[+] Not stolen/hack/de-protect map

Condition : Poor
Review : 1

Note : I make a quick check over the trigger, it seems to be develop badly and the quality is quite bad. Even the mini mod vote for this sources to be rejected due to the poor quality.
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 15
I think this map could have potential but you have to learn MUCH an work HARD on it.

-In my opinion its not really a RPG , its a campaign where you just rush throu some enmys
-Is it intenioned that you cannot see any wall bloking your whole way ?
-What are these million MP Regenrators for if you spells cost 1/50 of you mana which is regenerated in seconds?
-The "terrain" is awefull , i saw arround 10 doodads and bad tile placement
-Its kinda easy , there is no really way not to win this game , each meters some insane regenration fountains...
-"bosses" are killed withing seconds without doing much damage (Hero hast fast 150 dmg attacks and boss has 750 Healthpoints..)
-i like the gain of abilitys with killing enemys
-what is this message for each time you pick up an item?
-does not need any skill or tactic to play

Level 14

The Review

- This map is a hack and slash "RPG" that requires no skill to play and isn't a challenge to anybody.

- This map has horrible(-1/5) terrain. It uses pathing blockers instead of real walls and instead of gates it uses rocks. Basically what you have is an open plane with some random rock chunks doodads placed. There is were a total of 3 tiles used I believe and there wasn't any real effort to make a descent terrain.

- There were a lot of mini cinematics that had too fast dialogue(I could only read the dialogues that had less then a full line) and there is no camera movement used for those mini cinematics. Your hero isn't paused during those cinematics which makes him run around like an idiot trying to kill the monsters on the other side of the invisible wall(Which in 2 parts also makes the cinematic restart itself about 10 times meaning everything gets scrambled and you have to wait about 10 cinematic - turn cinematic off actions.

- The gameplay is low quality as well. There is no challenge whatsoever in this map. The bosses get killed as easily as normal mobs. There is only 1 item in the whole map and there are about a hundred torches that drop runes for mana restoration which is totally useless since your mana regenerates faster then you lose it. The only thing good about the gameplay(actually the whole map) is the fact that you get new spells along the way by picking up special orb things.

- Every time you buy a Book of Shadows or pick up a Mana restore rune a message appears saying something like "Your hero can only benefit from the Book of Shadows".

Overall
- The map needs a lot of work if you want to get it approved. It lacks terrain, it has some bugs and it has horrible gameplay.

My Advice
- Work more on your map, add real walls instead of invisible ones and add gates instead of rocks

- Add some tile variation, more doodads, some height variation.

- Add more items, make the game more challenging, make the bosses a lot stronger and possibly trigger them.

- Pause your hero in the mini cinematics, add some camera movement and don't make the unit you meet just vanish into thin air after the cinematic end.

Score
- 1/5, Rejected. Sorry, but this map is really poorly made even for Hive standards.