• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castlevania?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Anyone castlevania 'fan' here?

I've played some castlevanias and i all love them, mostly i think the best way to play it is in a game with the RPG-like system involved. I've now bought; Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, and it allows you to play a remake of 'rondo of blood' and the original rondo of blood made for pc in 1997 =D Also you're able to unlock 'Symphony of the night' which i think is one hell of a old-school masterpiece lol.

Anyone?

Level 27
Sotn = Symphony of the night? o_O

Lawl.

Btw im not like the japanese dudes like dressing up and such, i just think the games are great. The story (Always the same) is pretty fun thought of and good because of the fact that Dracula is already a well known figure/myth. I mostly love the RPG styled versions and the (sometimes) huge castles you can walk in ^^

Last edited:
Castlevania games has a lot of charms, though they can be quite difficult and/or annoying in some areas.
And their music are awesome and some old classic songs (like Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears) are re-used and remixed in most CV games.

My favourite CV game would be Super Castlevania IV for the Snes.

Btw, this thread should be moved into the console section.

Euhm why? Castlevania: Symphony of the night and such were for pc first i think =/

SotN was only ported to Playstation, Sega Saturn, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and Playstation Portable, according to wikipedia.

And Castlevania games are mostly ported to consoles.
To my knowledge, only the first Castlevania game got ported to home computers (PC, Amiga, C64 etc) and a remake of the first game was made for a home computer called MSX2.

Status
Not open for further replies.