• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castle... , Killing the time...
I love terraining however!

Tell me your opinions guys, they are very welcome! :)

Attachments

• Castle.png
    Castle.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 649
  • Castle-Update.png
    Castle-Update.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 265
  • Castle-Update-2.png
    Castle-Update-2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 114
Level 28
I really enjoyed the composition (where you generally placed the bigger elements like contrasting mountains, lights, the castle, etc), but in minor detail it has inconsistencies. I know this is an unpretentious terrain made for killing time, but you can, for example, avoid floating and repetitive things like these:

a.jpg

Same goes for the other rocks (scaling, orientation, etc) and tile variation. About the castle/cathedral thing I think it is pretty much fine, it had an interesting and believable architecture.

Last edited:
I can see the inspiration from fladds implemented there. I will just say some things.
  • Blizzard water is cancer and we know it since last decade
  • Default tiles look odd when mixed with HQ textures
  • Seams that are in plain view kill the viewer's expectations
  • Depth is an important factor in every terrain
That's all I'm saying. Take what you need from it and further work on this terrain. It reeks of a work in progress, still.

Level 21
Definitely much better!
1 The statue seems to stare right at the viewer, maybe it's a little too large.
2 You could add some birds, flying about.

Whaaaat?? Did you give your map to me?? I made this by your picture.
Edit:
I can give the map to you if you think I've stolen your work.

@fladdermasken mainly meant that you too heavy inspiration from him. Almost the same angle and distance, however in a more rough state than his.

Still, it's nice seeing you improving your pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.