• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here is 'Castle' a new terrain i made.
i'll hope you like it.
Castle+mist.jpg

Level 36
There is nothing wrong with the trees.
But those river rushes just look horrible, you would do best not mixing high res and low res doodads before you have some experience on your neck.

I would suggest trying to do something to the castle to make it seem more interesting and not "just one of those castles" kind of thing, be creative.

Level 36
It would be fine if not for standing out river rushes, there are better models for them, as well as minor adjustments in OE. Trees are definetly wrong i nsome way, I can't quite put my finger on it, but the way they meet with ground is just wrong o_0

No, its not wrong, its just not smooth. However, nature isnt always smooth, it IS realistic. Anywho, the new version is much better, the castle in general looks more interesting now, but I really think you can still do more with it.

Level 18
second one looks nice. here are a few hints and tips :

1) like what lexandrite was saying, the way the white tree and the ground done match is becuase of the unsmooth contrast of colors between the tile and the tree. What i do is use a differnet tile ( the vines tile, which is the whitest one, usually fits) and then place down a nice grass at the base of the trees to make it blend a bit more.

2) the Fog when it was denser was it bit nicer. however, you might want to add some glows in there to make it more interesting.

3) i really like your castle and how it looks like it was built from the rocks.

4) the bridge loks a bit strange, perhaps fix it up a bit by instead of using those CTRL DOWNED walls, instead use floor boards and really narrow walls.

5) Lastly, the main gate looks really really plain and bland. Maybe add more intricate watch towers and replace that overhang.

other then that, its a nice high rez terrain, but could be better

Status
Not open for further replies.