• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting Time and Spell Haste System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a system I made for my own map but I decided to publish it.
It is very (and I mean very very) easy to configure it, use it and of course it is in GUI!

What it is:
This system is 2 in 1 systems:
-Casting Bar System
-Spell Haste System

[O] Casting Bar System
This system does what it says, enables you to add casting time to your spells witch is shown with a Casting Bar (shows ability name, casting time and spell haste too). The system gives you the option to cancel your casting whenever you want or automatically stop it when needed (stunned for example). It is really easy to configure and use it.

[O] Spell Haste System
This system gives you the option to enchace your casting times with items. With this system you can make your items increase your Casting Speed (give you spell haste) so you cast your spells faster. Also it gives you an option to make your Intellince increase your Spell Haste too! This is very usefull, easy to configure and use it too.

I hope you enjoy it!

Please add comments and give credits if you use.

Changelog:
-Fixed a problem that was making the caster lose lots of casting time (when attacked) after lots of casts.
-Added the spell haste bonus from buffs option.
--------------------------------------------------------
-Fixed the problem with the test Thunder Bolt of Priest.
-Added a time counter.
-Added Changelog here.
---------------------------------------------------------
-Added an animation while casting.

Keywords:
casting,bar,spell,haste,speed,system
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map4 (Map)

Reviews
19:12, 12th Jul 2010 TriggerHappy: Please don't submit system packs. It's just harder for users to find what they need. Also, we don't need any more caster bar systems so don't submit that one. Feel free to submit your haste system and I will...

M

19:12, 12th Jul 2010
TriggerHappy:

Please don't submit system packs. It's just harder for users to find what they need.
Also, we don't need any more caster bar systems so don't submit that one.

Feel free to submit your haste system and I will review it.

Level 9
Dude, you are AWESPOME, allthrough there is where to get get better ;) !!!

I was trying to create this thing my self, but I see I don't need to try anymore.
Only a pair of suggestions:
Could the caster during the Cast Time play a specific animation (Like necromancer's stand channel)? It would be awesome if it would stand in some animation until it finishes casting.
Could you get those floating texts smaller?

I believe you are tought enough to create Target System, which would be used along this one. All spells would be casted at target, marked through that system, just like in WoW or Lineage 2.

+rep ;)

Last edited:
Level 9
Also stopping with esc?
I believe that it is refered to the cancel method of the Lineage 2 (oh no, an archer comes! Press ESC and run!)

Fix your test map (Trigger, which forces Priest to Throw thunder bolt doesn't work :D)
Annd uhh.. your spell's are in quite weird setup line (QEW, note QWE). You can
a) Change their sequence in object editor
b) Change the Hotkeys and tooltips

Oh, and BTW, when attacked, Caster could lose only a part of casting (like-- 25% of all casted time), not fall to 0, as very fast normal attacks would be totaly imba against caster-heroes

EDIT: Interesting... WHen the test hero was Mountain King, the casting time falling was to 0, but now it isn't :D
Aaaand... Note that not all heroes channeling animation is 'Spell Channel'. Some use 'stand channel' (Like Paladin or Archmage). Also, most units don't have such an animation, so they would simply stand and do nothing (like Blademaster). You could make a setup part to get different animations (string variables) for every unit tipe. In it people would simply write their animation names for casting like 'spell channel' or 'stand channel' or even 'stand ready'
Moreover, there is a little noticable time until the caster starts playing the Channeling animation.

I wonder, could that time above the Cast bar (Near the name of the Spell) decrease as well as the the cast bar fills?

Last edited:
Level 5
I love you man!
I mean i just love when people actually make usefull great and . . . awesome systems!
Dunno how u guys think but i still hold on to my opinion! :D
+rep :O

Level 3
The "spell channel" animation takes 2 names: the "spell" and "channel". If a unit has one of them it will play it. I mean:

If a unit has stand channel animation then it will play it cause it matches the second word (channel) if it doesn't then it will play the spell animation. Try it to believe me ;)

Also when you get attacked your bar don't go to 0 but get reduced by 25%. I'll try to make the casting time displayed to reduce as you asked.

Storm Bolt fixed thank you

EDIT: Added the time count that you asked :)

Last edited:
Level 9
the pushback comes from damage taked not from the enemy attack speed

It is not exactly what I meant. You see, casters wouldn't be able to finish their spellcasting if enemy would attack faster than the caster would cast the spell.

If a unit has stand channel animation then it will play it cause it matches the second word (channel) if it doesn't then it will play the spell animation. Try it to believe me ;)

About this... then wouldn't it be easier to only use channel as string for animation?
Ahh, and what about those units, who don't have channeling animation?

And another (I believe good) suggestion: what about buffs increasing spell haste (Like Acumen in Lineage 2).

Level 7
Hmmm i like this, good job + rep

Could you add something for like a "max spell haste%"?
The buff's for Spell haste is a good idea too
Support for animation on without a channel animation

Level 3
About this... then wouldn't it be easier to only use channel as string for animation?
Ahh, and what about those units, who don't have channeling animation?
If a unit doesn't have the "channel" animation then it will play the "spell" animation cause it matches the first word (spell). That's why I added "spell channel" and not just "channel" animation.

Could you add something for like a "max spell haste%"?
There is a max of 100% spell haste of course that makes your spells instant cast if you mean that.

And another (I believe good) suggestion: what about buffs increasing spell haste (Like Acumen in Lineage 2).

I'll add the buffs' idea I like it.

EDIT: Added the spell haste bonus from buffs option as you asked.

Last edited:
Level 6
i have not DLed it to check out the system but a suggestion for the spell haste cap: if you wanted, you could add a curve to it so you can never quite reach 100% but you can get very close; this would also allow for a wider range of numbers on items for spell haste, which would be useful for an RPG, or something, with a high level cap and large range of items that might have this stat

Level 12
i have a new idea ... don't pause the caster just use "Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability" and if you do this the "esc" button will be not necessary anymore becose you can stop the unit from casting by pressing "S" (Stop) :) ... can you do this "fast" (like 1-2 days ?).

Last edited: