• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
hi, i got a problem.
i want to make an rpg, creeps cast abilities and so on.
The problem is, if too many casting creeps are on the map, it starts lagging.
I REMOVED ALL LEAKS.
is there a better way in GUI. i gave them the order to cast the ability all [x] seconds on a random unit near of the unit.
another question.
if i create a floating text above a unit, whenever it takes damage (it disappears after 1 sec), does that create a leak?

Level 17
hi, i got a problem.
i want to make an rpg, creeps cast abilities and so on.
The problem is, if too many casting creeps are on the map, it starts lagging.
I REMOVED ALL LEAKS.
is there a better way in GUI. i gave them the order to cast the ability all [x] seconds on a random unit near of the unit.
another question.
if i create a floating text above a unit, whenever it takes damage (it disappears after 1 sec), does that create a leak?

just a suggestion, u can mix the orb of lightning new with another item abilities coz in few case work like x% chance for activate ur ability like on screenshoot, also u could use bash for chance stun so then with trigger u have less work, another thing if all unit do something in same moment that also could be lagg a bit i think, if possible try avoid the casting with all unit in same sec.

about floating text

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/107939-floating-text-leak

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 78
Level 17
the point of course, but the group:
i made a group into the map initialization, if a unit enters a region, its added to the group, if it leaves, its removed. so i got 1 leak per ability, but i dont have to create and remove groups all the time

Level 17
the point of course, but the group:
i made a group into the map initialization, if a unit enters a region, its added to the group, if it leaves, its removed. so i got 1 leak per ability, but i dont have to create and remove groups all the time

ah, i thought u make every time a group, ur map is huge size, u use many doodas or things with animation? coz its can slow down too.

ok from myself i think its ok but i am beginner, my try post the map and somebody maybe get the problem

Level 17
its an rpg, ofc its a huge map size :D also rly much doodads,
ok ill explain it a little bit more.
there are no lags if u play. but i did a dungeon, there are 3 bosses and many mobs that also got abilities. if u do that dungeon, it starts lagging. :(
and if lags become RLY BIG, sometimes models disappear and flying onto the overhead of a unit, i dont know what the problem is

I should post the map? hmm, u rly think someone would check this map?

Level 11
Post your triggers. You may think you fixed all the leaks but from what you're describing that's the most likely explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.