• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

dummy unit is not casting ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
  • resting
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rest
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 rest (dummy_bed) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Sleep (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on resting effect <gen>
I have a unit with the ability 'Rest'. If I cast this ability on a hero nearby, i creae a new unit called 'rest (dummy_bed) and order it to cast sleep on the hero. But it simply won't happen. I already created the unit for myself to check if I can cast the ability - yes I can. I also removed the expiration timer but this also doesn't help.

What am I missing? its driving me crazy ^^

/e: the range of the ability is not the problem

Last edited:
Level 15
This probably a dumb question, but can player 12 cast it on the target. Because of enemy and friendly targets allowed.
Have you tried using starts the effect of an ability instead of begins casting.
You could save the target unit of ability cast to a variable before doing anything else.
I don't see anything else that could be causing it.

Level 12
This probably a dumb question, but can player 12 cast it on the target. Because of enemy and friendly targets allowed.
Have you tried using starts the effect of an ability instead of begins casting.
You could save the target unit of ability cast to a variable before doing anything else.
I don't see anything else that could be causing it.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Just tried, didnt work.
4. Yeah lol

Level 15
Vision could be a problem as well. This is something that you can overlock quite easily. Unit target abilties need the target to be visible for the casting player.

Level 25
Did you set the casting time of the unit to 0? If it's larger than 0, the timed unit will be gone before it gets a chance to cast the spell.

Otherwise just spawn the dummy unit without locust and with increased timed life and see if you can use the ability manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.