• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Carpet Bombing Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Greetings.
I would like to place a carpet bombing ability on the map I'm working on.
Obviously this requires triggers and work, problem is I got neigher awesome triggering skill or time, but if someone would be so kind as to explain to me (with lots of pacience) how to make a carpet bombing effect that would be great.
Though I think everyone knows what it is, for those who don't know what carpet bombing is: its just a plane (example a B52 Stratofortress) that takes off, runs the plain and bombs the area in a straight line. Simple ^^
Also I need to somehow turn the AoE circle thing into a hallway/line type one, so the player can see the total area that he/she is going to bombard, but just for the carpet bombing ability, if possible.
Any challengers? lol
Here's the part that everyone likes: I'll gladly rep them and cred them on my map, and rep ppl who also tryed (as long as it makes some sence).

B52Stratofortress_568.jpg bomb.jpg 20080414042805!WIC_tactical_aid_carpet_bombing.jpg

Level 5
Greetings.
Also I need to somehow turn the AoE circle thing into a hallway/line type one
So you want an "AoE-line" which is facing the same direction as the plane?
I know you can change the AoE circle model, so I suppose you could "fake" the model by changing it into a non-circle-but-line-AoE.
What I really doubt, is that you can make that AoE not always show the same way but also face the same direction as your "plane" is facing.

What could make sense is to show the place where the first bomb will land (AoE), and then explain in the Skill description that more explosions will follow the first one in the direction that your plane had when casted the spell.
If you know about DotA, the closest example that I can think about would be Mirana's arrow that lets say every 0.5 makes AoE damage wherever the arrow is at that moment.

Btw, I have no idea about triggering, just basics, but that's what my common sense tells me ^^

Good luck.

Level 8
So you want an "AoE-line" which is facing the same direction as the plane?
I know you can change the AoE circle model, so I suppose you could "fake" the model by changing it into a non-circle-but-line-AoE.
What I really doubt, is that you can make that AoE not always show the same way but also face the same direction as your "plane" is facing.

What could make sense is to show the place where the first bomb will land (AoE), and then explain in the Skill description that more explosions will follow the first one in the direction that your plane had when casted the spell.
If you know about DotA, the closest example that I can think about would be Mirana's arrow that lets say every 0.5 makes AoE damage wherever the arrow is at that moment.

Btw, I have no idea about triggering, just basics, but that's what my common sense tells me ^^

Good luck.

Yeah exactly it, but i also doubt about it as well.
I thought about it but i'd like to keep the descriptions small but maybe i need to. Thanks anyway for trying +rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.