• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bombing Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey everyone, as some of you may know, I have been working on a map called "Beam Ball". Basicaly, its a team game totaly inspired by UT2003 Bombing Run. If any of you have played and enjoyed that game, you should check this out. First person controls are much smoother and all the commands arn't quite as choppy. The UI is also re-done to reflect your upgrades. I would really appreciate any feedback or thought you all may have!
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=4170
The map is unprotected, so please feel free to open it up if you find something you like = D. Cheers!

Level 6
I just posted BeamBall 2.0 - This version has been met with a great response on battle.net. Huge improvements over the previous versions.

I added a Beam Tag mode with tons of other stuff, virtually bug free. All the archery tactics/CTF/paintballers loved this map. I want to try to get more people hosting this so that people can get better at it. This game is REALLY fun with a bunch of good players. Game plans and teamwork are essential if you are playing against experienced players.

Please, DL it and tell me what you think.

Level 6
SCREEN SHOTS

I decided to post some screenies for you all to get a better feel for what the game is like. I'll put a little description of each image under.

1.jpg

Picture #1 - This is in the BeamBall arena, in the lower portion of the minimap. "The Ball" is that grey cannon ball with the beam of light on it. This is what you Toss around the map and try to get into the goal.
2.jpg

Picture #2 - This has an Upgraded laser, pretty good size (not maxed) its range has been upgraded significantly, and its width has been too. This Screen shot is in the BeamTag Arena, in the upper portion of the minimap. I also wanted to show the Waygate that can be used to get around the map. They are located in the corners.
3.jpg

Picture #3 - Ok, first you notice, the puny laser the tauren is firing, that is the laser you start off with, pretty lame huh? I also wanted to show you guys the "traps" that are placed in the BeamTag arena. If you notice, the tauren is standing under an exclamation, these are "trap activating points" if you stand under one, and fire your laser, it will set off a trap, killing anyone standing on the platform next to it ( as you can see the explosions going off )
4.jpg

Picture #4 - I wanted to show this picture to show you the variety of strats you can use in the game. This laser has very few range upgrades, but VERY high width upgrades, see how much of an area that it covers? players are able to custom design their lasers to their liking! I also wanted to show that if you are on a ledge like that, you can shoot down to lower levels, but you CAN'T shoot up to higher levels, AND lasers DO NOT go through walls.
5.jpg

Picture #5 - Same as picture number 4. This laser has pretty decent range upgrades, but hardly any width upgrades at all. Also you notice what a great vantage point you have when firing from those platforms, since you can shoot down and they can't shoot up. Just be careful that no body hits the Trap button!!!

There is alot of flexibility in how you allocate your gold for your upgrades, because each upgrade goes up to 50! It takes a LONG time to max everything out, and when you do, you are a killing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.