• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BlastmanArena!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
BlastmanArena

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/blastmanarena-1-1-alpha2-141174/?prev=status%3Dp%26u%3DXDogg <- Download map

BackGround: (Long info)

In theory I made games in the past like BomberArena. BomberArena players would quit or tell me my map sucks. (I even made a defeat condition for people whom said "Map Sucks" :) )

My downfall in that map was you had to build bombs, and the other stuff you could build was enormous! Very complex and hard to read all of the descriptions for an arena map. All of that junk was useless seeing that all you needed was to build bombs and kill players.

After the loss of that map I took a big mental hit "ouch" my ego! It was the hardest map I worked on and people hated it.. Seeing maps like "wheres waldo" and "braveheart" simplier maps become famous discouraged me.
I then moved on to create "Kill the Frog" (Perhaps ill upload it later, even bomberarena)
Kill the Frog was simple, bears kill the frog, frog runs from bears... Person longest as frog wins. But it was too simple and got boring after time.

People love maps that are simple to learn the basics... but have an indepth to other stuff that you can learn. Thus I created this map.

Description:

This is a mini game or arena... Isnt ment to be long and painful... no no! Your suppose to pick up on how to play it quickly and have some fun.

This is the type of map you play when your bored of complexity, you just want a quick kill-o-fest deathmatch. Then you go play something more time consuming.

I didnt add a game timer because I hate timers in games... Kill thats the timer!

For a futher description read the map from the link, not gonna repeat it here :) .

Enjoy it and remember to fill the slots up and ignore those people that say GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGo! Because at least 5/11 will quit on you early in the game, never knew why. (but thats most games)

Oh and let me know if you think its missing something... but please dont ask me to add more HERO spells... because too many makes the deathmatch complicated. But if you would like to suggest a better ability to give a hero or a tweak to an exsisting spell or any other ideas im willing to learn.

P.S.
This is not bomberman, so dont ask me why it isnt a clone of it. Someone asked me already to make bombs chain react and blow other bombs up.. Unfortunately I saw this as a flaw being that the bomber timer is short already and it would just tick off players.

Also I tried many ways to make the bombs sit under your hero and make them nonpassible after you step away from them.. Of course if you make a bomb nonwalkable and lay it, it will either spawn infront of you or behind you depending on which way your facing... This caused your hero to trap himself if he was facing a wall or other player killing himself.

I even looked for ways to make your bombs range increase with flame powerups and decided on just bomb upgrades in general.

So I been through the war of trying to make it as close to bomberman as possible, but I decided to make it original.

I even tryed to think of ways to counter stuff like.. If Slowed use sprint... If you suspect mines or invisible heros then use Seeing wards...

Oh and please don't suggest to use free camera... it makes you move alot more and stay alert when you are attached to your character rather then observing the map... Use mini map to learn whereabouts of items or players.

Last edited:
Level 22
first of all, use different fonts and sizes and colors to seperate different parts of your info to make it more readable

on topic

I get your life story, yes life's a bitch but well made maps that are fast and fun is usally the key or have something unique like triggers spells and systems

dont get why you have suggest stuff and alike cause I dont see any map attached? nor a link

Status
Not open for further replies.