• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Me's Super Bomberman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Here's my latest project. A bomberman type of map. I decided to do it cause I like bomberman and I was searching for a good bomberman map but couldnt find any good ones, only old, buggy & not fun versions.
Anyway give the map a try and tell me what you think. Below is the map description I wrote for it:

This is a bomberman map (duh). In bomberman each player has his own bomberman unit who can lay bombs where he stands. The bomb will explode after short period of time in vertical and horizontal line. If the explosions hits a wall, it destroyes it. If the explosions hits a bomberman it kills it. The bomberman who placed the bomb does NOT have immunity to his own bombs, in other words you can kill yourself.

The game plays out that players will place bombs in attempt to kill all other bombermans, finding powerups from the destroyed walls that increase the amount of bombs you can place, your explosions radius and your bombermans movement speed.
Interesting stradegic aspect of the game is that you can trap your enemies with the bombs.
Winner of the round is the last bomberman alive. Host of the game decides how many round victories is required to win the bomberman tournament.

You are propably thinking 'meh another bomberman map, big deal' but wait a second. Mini-Me’s Super Bomberman introduces THE BUNNIES! The bunnies were first introduced in Super Bomberman 4 on snes (if im not mistaken). You can find a bunny like any other powerup from destroying the walls. A bunny possesses extra abilities that will help you kill the other bombermans. There are different kind of bunnies with their own special skills. If you are killed while you are riding a bunny, you get to continue the game as the normal bomberman again.

All of this while listening to jolly bomberman tunes :).

v.0.95 First release
v.0.96 Small update with some tweaks
v.0.98 Fixed a bug when placing a bomb near a blocker would cause it to teleport between the blockers and explode out of placed. The bomb now remains on its place and explodes only at the size of one square.

And here's the link for it at the resource section:

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/419

Here are some screenshots of the game. You can have massive chain explosions. There's varying theme for the blocks (random). Bunnies with their own special abilities. See the pictures:

[URL=http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wc3scrnshot0123071615164du.jpg]
wc3scrnshot0123071614514mb.th.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Level 19
Haha lol, this bomberman is alot of fun :)
I did not detect any mistakes or bugs, nicely done!
The only comment I can add is to say that creating a bit more variation
would be cooler and expands the fun/gameplay. And please add an option to turn that sound off, lol :)
So Gj man!

Level 16
Thanks for your comment Fl4mes. You can turn off sound in wc3 by pressing ctrl + s. I dont think I will be adding any triggers to do that.

Hamham: Havent played his bomberman but im sure my bomberman can beat anything made couple of years ago :).

Level 27
Ideas: new bomb types: Ever played Bomberman 64: Second Attack? Loads of cool bombs (wind bomb blew people backwards, ice bomb... froze them, duh, dark bomb swallowed everything whole into a black hole) Of course there is the bouncy bomb from most of those games.
Sorry if you did have these, I haven't had time to check it out yet. Looks neat from the screenies though.
I've been looking for a good BM map, may this one be it.
--donut3.5--

Level 16
Updated to v.098b with a small but important bug fix.

Donut3.5: Havent played bomberman 64, only the ones on snes. How would those special bombs work actually? I mean if you have a choise to plant a bomb that will kill or a bomb that will freeze them, which one would you plant? Try out the map and tell me if they fit the map and how would they work, thanks.

Level 27
Bunnies name is Louie btw :D
Onto business then.
The bombs would appear in crystals, each of one element:
Fire (standard bomb, wouldn't need it)
Ice (Freezes enemies where the normal bomb would kill them) (can only place 1, regardless of bomb power)
Wind (Knocks back enemies to the ends of the radius)
Electric (Could travel through paths and destroyed whatever barriers)
Molten (Can go through obstacles, not walls, but it lasted for longer depending on the firepower, the AoE was just average, like maybe the power of a 2 firepower bomb) (can only place 1 at a time)
Light (Time Froze and damaged enemies a little) (can only place 1 t time)
Dark (Created a black hole in a small AoE (About 1 firepower bomb) that swallowed everything in it (items, units, yourself (obviously) obstacles)

Anyways, you could not place other bomb types while one of them was in existence. Take whichever ones you like, leave out all the rest.
Other items to add:
Punch bomb(Use it and a bomb goes flying about 2 spaces, bounces over obstacles until it has a free space)
Kick bomb (Kicks a bomb across the entire map until it hits a target, if that target is a bomberman it stuns him for a short time)
Throw Bomb (You can pick up and hold bombs. While you're holding them you can charge them to a dangerous bomb (only fire bombs) which damages a square instead of four lines. Let me explain that. It pretty much deals an x by x square, where x is pretty much 1 + 2*firepower, centered around the bomb. It ignores obstacles and walls, just blows up everything.
Invulnerability (what do you think it does? :p)
Curse (can do many things: Shrink (make you go insanely fast beyond control), Enlarge (makes you big, vulnerable, and slow), Backwards motion (the unit goes the opposite direction of which you order it), Stun (stuns you for a short duration every so often until the curse is over), Short fuse bombs (bombs only wait a short duration before blowing), and Long fuse bombs (just the opposite). Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Curses attach themselves to a new player, while staying on the old, when 2 players contact each other.)
Remote control bomb (allows you to detonate your bombs, going in order of the placement of each bomb. They wont explode until told to.)
Mine Bombs (stay invisible until someone steps over them, delays for about 1 second, then blows)
Bouncy Bombs (when you kick them, they will bounce off walls and such once, but I'm not sure on that)
Dangerous Bomb (pretty much gives you the dangerous bomb i described before and you don't have to charge it. 1 max bomb regardless of bomb power.)
Also, sandals, fire down, and bomb down do the opposite of the speed up, fire up, and bomb up, respectively (apparently you can't run fast in sandals)
Hearts (add 1 to your life, or in this case, 100?)

There's also revenge, couldn't test if you had that or not, but when a bomberman dies, he can go in a little tank and travel on the map outskirts outside of the arena, and fire in. His shots are 1 firepower 1 bomb power. If he kills a bomberman, he gets back in, the other goes into revenge mode. All revenge modes end when sudden death happens.
Sudden death modes:
Walls close in, kill every bomberman that touches them.
Raining bombs (you got that one)
Indestructible boxes fall, spiraling into the center, crushing whoever they crush.
There is also water rising, but it would be useless without multiple levels.

Additional game modes:
Reversi Frenzy: All the squares start out white. Whenever you blow up an area, the squares it touches turn to your color. when you die, all your squares turn into white, but you are revived again. The winner is whoever has the most squares at the end of the timer.
That one is fun, the rest are... meh.
Battle for Balloms
There are 4 spawn points for Balloms, balloon shaped creatures that follow you in a chain pattern, sort of like anaconda if you touch them. If you die, all your balloms go loose. If one dies, all the ones following it are released. The winner is whoever has the most balloms at the end of the timer.
Whack a mole
all players start out in revenge mode and try and bomb the moles that pop up in the middle. This one I really dislike, defeats the whole purpose. The winner is the one with the most moles whacked at the end of the timer.

Other options rather than # of rounds is:
Revenge on or off
Sudden death on or off, and what timer its on.
For the other game modes, a timer.

And no, I made none of this up. This was all taken from one Bomberman game or another. I've loved the series since I was a wee little child.

If you need any help with triggering any of this, or a better bomberman/louie model, just ask, and I think I can help you.
--donut3.5--

Level 4
Alright after my test last night I got this:

These improvements should definately be made:
-Add more power ups other then just speed, bomb or fire up, at least add these power ups
-line bomb-allows you to drop all you bombs at once in a line
behind you
-pass-through bomb-(blue bomb) when it explodes, the fire from
these bombs are blue and pass through soft blocks
-dangerous bomb-(red bomb) your first bomb is red and when it
explodes it explodes in a square
-power glove-allows you to pick up bombs and throw them
-bomb kick-allows you to kick bombs by running into them
-full fire-gives you maximum fire for your bombs
-The fuse time for the bombs is way to fast and doesn't simulate actual Bomberman gameplay, this should be a quick fix
-The camera should be zoomed out and show a birds-eye view of the arena, also to support this, the bomberman model should be bigger
-Make movement with the arrow keys, it doesn't seem like Bomberman when you have to click around just to move
-Make the terrain look more varied in the different arenas
-Make the speed you move at each of your set up speeds in game increased
-Get rid of the upkeep speed thing
-Increase the chance of a power up spawning from a destroyed soft block

These would be good idea to do too, but aren't necassarily needed:
-Add the option to turn revenge mode on or off (described in a above post, I believe)
-Add a unique gameplay-altering feature to the different arenas
-Allow players to pick between multiple models for their Bomberman
-Add more power ups, suggestions:
-Remote bomb-pretty obvious
-Land Mine-Your first placed bomb becomes a stealthed land mine that detonates if an enemy approaches it

Also, please tell me how you did these things in your map:
-Lock certain options in the player slot selection screen, like player color and handicap
-Change the minimap and camera bounds to a selected arena

Status
Not open for further replies.