• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Bomberman V1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Bomberman V1.1

Well, i'm working on this Wc3 Bomberman.

The map is pretty basic. You have to place bombs to destroy structures and kill your enemies. Be carefull, becase bombs can kill you and your allies too.

The map features a simple Scoreboard where every player/team kills/deads and score (Kills minus Deads) is shown. Also features some Worm (the Team 17 game) sounds, some pretty effects. There are also camera settings like -cam -zoom -angle -lock and -unlock.

I've done most of it, and I think it's very complete, but still laks of some stuff, I just can't think clearly about which features are still missing. I plan to add some skills, different bomb tipes, and some items to improve gameplay. Also some dummy quest to show game information (credits, commands, etc.).

The map is open for anyone to look at the code and make some coding suggestions aswell as gaming suggestions.

LoadingScreen
attachment.php

v1.1 BattleField
attachment.php

v1.1 Gameplay
attachment.php

v1.2 BattleField
attachment.php

v1.2 Gameplay
attachment.php

· Map Uploaded to Hive

Terrain
· Replaced Cliffs with Boundaries

General
· Fixed Multiboard Update
· Increased explotion distance from 256 to 512 wich greatly improves game fps
· Improved the bomb shaking
· Added Bribe's Item CleanUp System
· Increased Distance between start and revive positions
· Added Gold Reward for Killing (25 x Unit Level)
· Added Gold Penalty for Dying (10 x Unit level)
· Changed the Pathing of Path Blockers

Units
· Added Divine Shield to KBOOM-Berman
· Added Blink to KBOOM-Berman
· Added Hex to KBOOM-Berman
· Added WindWalk to KBOOM-Berman

Shop and Items
· Added Gem of TrueSight
· Added Boot Of Speed

Known Remaining Bugs
· Sometimes the bomb doesn't explode correctly, neither the floating text is removed, and the BombCount is never refreshed. I would be really gratefull if you could give me more information about when this happens.

· Remade the whole terrain. to smaller squares
· Changed default camera distance from 1650 to 7000 (still adjustable using -zoom ####)
· Centered camera on Playable Map Area
· Reduced players from 10 to 8
· Made it FFA (No alliances)
· Improved Coding Greatly (What takes more time and is less noticeable)
· Still havent implemented structures to destroy and items, it's just Mayhem for testing.

<< Edit >>

Something that bugs me about v1.1 is that the map and squares are way too big, and about v1.2 is that the map is too tiny. Anyway, let me know your suggestions about how to improve the map.

Attachments

• Bomberman v1.1.w3x
    413.5 KB · Views: 155
  • v1.1 BattleField.jpg
    v1.1 BattleField.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 489
  • v1.1 GamePlay.jpg
    v1.1 GamePlay.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 587
  • v1.1 LoadingScreen.jpg
    v1.1 LoadingScreen.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 573
  • v1.2 BattleField.jpg
    v1.2 BattleField.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 686
  • v1.2 Bombs.jpg
    v1.2 Bombs.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 595
  • Bomberman v1.2 (Test).w3x
    240.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Level 20
It's actually a SNES game (as far as I Know). The bombs explodes just like the game, in rows (Up, Right, Bot, Left), but don't go over walls. Every STR point increases the bomb power (reach) by 1 square.

Level 20
Bump.

I wouldn't like to turn this into some form of "Begging" but i would really want to finish this project with your help. Please, test it (better with some friends) and give me some feedback and ideas.

Level 8
I found a bug!
After my 2nd bomb exploded it wouldnt let me place anymore bombs.
I retested it a few times but i couldnt recreate the bug so im not sure what caused it.

For ideas u could check out: boomberman.com
I think u should use blocks as pathing blockers instead of fences like the ones from mineralz.

Level 20
Thanks for the review.

The bombs amount depends on intelligence. When you have more bombs than inteligence the ability is disabled. When bombs is less than or equal to your intelligence, the ability is enabled again. I don't know what could make the ability remain disabled when the amount of bombs is less than your int.

I didn't find any suitable "block" doodad to block the path =/ If you have or know any please let me know.

Level 4
this game is pretty fun to play ^^ stats thing is cool
maybe give a different model of bombers to each team, its not always easy if u can blow em up or not, unless u mouseover on em
maybe allow red to chose between ffa & teams
some random items spawning around the map would be cool as well
i also had the bug once coolyoshi talked about, i placed a bomb, and it only busted out in one direction, the 2 gates on other sides of the bomb didnt die even thow they were right next to it.. after that i was unable to place any bombs at all
also, u just have to press esc to revive... wouldnt it make more sense to make some kinda system with lives?

gl with the map

Level 20
@sonofjay: The sad thing about that block is it has no death animation and doesn't match with the map tileset. Probably, adding it a death animation and a different texture (maybe the same the floor and walls have) would make it fit.

@helekiller: Depends on the colors you use inside the game. You can see allies in blue (I think) and enemies in red. Items spawn randomly when a structure dies. But I get the idea, i'll place some runes around the map :)

Right now the map is just some mad killing mayhem. It has a score, but hasn't a "Score needed to win". I think i'll add a 5 minutes round timer so players try to reach the best score in this time. Score is obviously Killg-Deaths. I'll try to implement the FFA or Team play. I'll also add random starting spots, and some abilities. I'll probably upload it by sunday.

Level 20
The thing is I don't know how to the retexture and I don't want to change the whole tileset to sand, since the original map always had a "brick" ambient. I tested those blocks but these don't have a Death Animation, so they don't explode, and aren't removed either.

The best would be having a 16x16 Brick block (with red/orange/white bricks) Sadly, I don't know how to do that.

Level 2
Hey I would love to help with this in any way I can im pretty decent with triggers and I can also test (altho everyone can do that) :p

Level 20
Thanks DeathsAbyss for your kindness.

The main reason for this map to be here is what you said: test. The best way you help right now is testing with your friends, checking for errors, bugs, mistakes, and having ideas and suggestions to improve gameplay and/or cosmetics.

Right now i'm reworking almost the hole map, the terrain, the camera, scripts, etc. I've been on this all day :p I'll update this map sooner or later.

<< EDIT >>

Uploaded a Test Version 1.2 with several grand changes. This is the point where I decide if I continue with v1.2 changes, or go back to v1.1

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmmm... I downloaded the 1.2 map but for some reason I can neither test it through editor nor through WCIII custom games itself D: When I try to play it, the screen goes black for a second and then just goes back to the maps menu. If 'tested' through the editor, it just takes me to the main WCIII page :(

Not sure what is wrong, is it just me?

Level 20
Weird. I'll upload the Bomberman v1.2 again. I can play it with no problems (Wc3 1.24e).

I'll post some screenshots too. (ON the main post)

Status
Not open for further replies.