• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project: Bomberman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Project: Bomberman 0.1a

167625-albums4053-picture39391.jpg

I'm creating an emulated version of Bomberman that has the same concept as the NES game,
although the Idea is very simple but I know that it's very hard to make. Wish me luck!

===GAMEPLAY===
(not much to say at the moment)
- 10 maze like stages/levels
- Each stage has a door just like in the NES game
- Timer for each stage
- Plant bombs to kill enemies
- Destroy obstacles by attacking them (not in the NES game)
- Arrow key movement
- Find regions to open gates

v0.1 - Terrain has been updated
v0.1a - Released
v0.1b - New added terrain with maze
v0.2 - COMING VERY SOON

167625-albums4053-picture39557.jpg

167625-albums4053-picture39558.jpg

Main CreditsPosition
Mckill2009Project Leader/Triggerer/Terrainer
TrydeneTerrainer/Spell Ideas
EternalWow2010Terrainer

Models:

Mario By Dan van Ohllus
Bomb By Splatt
Little Boo By Bloodslaughter

Icons:

BTNMario By Dan van Ohllus
BTNINV_Misc_Bomb_01 (Unknown Creator)

12-21-2010
- Stage 2 is completed
- Stage 3 & 4 is coming
- Added gates for quests or go to next level
- Defskull & Blindman removed from credit list

12-19-2010
- Version 0.1a
- Arrow key movement created
- New models added
- Created timer floating text for bombs

12-18-2010
- Test map preview released on how the game may look like
- Recruitment stage, Trydene, Defskull, EternalWow2010, Blindman recruited

This map is not protected and it's very far from complete as you can
see in the terrain, so please don't mess it up :)...

Last edited:
Level 29
Im gonna give a teaser of this map, hopefully tonight, I already created the bomb system, now Im creating the blocks & AI...

well im gonna try to contact VIzel, but he's too busy, defskull & eternal I would like you to make the other 4 arena...

EDIT

Test map available, please see on how the gameplay works...
Do not expect too much for test map coz its very far from complete...

Last edited:
Sounds cool, and I remember playing another map of this. Testing and giving feedback...

EDIT: Tested.
Review:
Gameplay - 8/15 - needs to be more friendly. It's so hard to kill them with a bomb, and I dislike the addition of Storm Bolt. Perhaps give bombs AoE or shorter timer instead. I also think you should add Arrow Key movement.
Fun - 10/15 - I guess it could be entertaining, especially with more players, but as of now it is too simple, but that's because it's Pre-Beta
Plot - N/A - This map lacks a plot(not a bad thing), so it can not be judged
Polish - N/A - Pre-Beta, so I don't expect it to be perfect

Overall - 18/30 = 3/5 - it is average currently. But I'm sure it will be heaps better. Some suggestions:
Arrow key - arrow key - arrow key!
No Storm Bolt, just improve the bombs

Good job and good luck.

Level 29
@Trydene
@EternalWow2010
@Defskull
@Blindman

I already add you to the credit list & +rep...

Please people, use the above map as the main map...

to all terrainer, please make 2 puzzle/maze each...

to the spellmaker defskull, please make the trigger for the 2 Areas, just like what I did example...update multiboard/kills/timer, etc...

Important: Please do not change/remove anything that I already made, you may add but dont change/remove...thanks!

Level 29
Yes Im gonna put many doodads, but custom titleset maybe not...arrow keys is finished...

@for the terrainers

Trydene Im gonna wait for your updated map, Eternal, you may do the 3rd phase after Trydene is finished...

Im doin the triggering, as for defskull & blindman, Im waiting for your reply for this matter,
if you're not interested plz tell me today :)

Level 19
It looks really interesting, considering this is the best version of Bomberman I've seen so far in the huge pile of 'Bomberman' maps, good job:)
Also, once this game gets popular, you could edit the terrain to make it look erm, prettier.

PS: I'm really sorry if I've said anything wrong...

Level 29
@Blindman

Storyline will be after the terrain, but I really can't do the explosion in a 'line' coz of a bug/situation which I cant explain at the moment...so are you still interested in making the other 2 terrain?

@Miss Foxy

Tnx for your comment, and dont be sorry, I need that coz I want this map to be good...

off topic: btw you didnt answer my PM to you before? :)

Level 5
Frost Bomb
(You decide on CD and such)
Creates a blue glowing bomb on the ground in which deals X damage and slows them by 70% for X seconds.

Blind Bomb
Creates a bomb in which blinds the target for X amounts of seconds making them unable to perform any action.

Doom Bomb
Creates a skull looking bomb on the ground which does X damage per second for X seconds.

Level 19
Im not yet finished. Im almost done but I will try to finish it quickly. Not using my computer now so I cant edit it and attach it.
I also have spell ideas:
- Water Bomb
Creates a watery bomb which does only a few damage but slows the unit for X seconds.

- Mushroom Bomb
Plants a bomb which explodes giving no damage but any unit within X of the caster but gives speed bonus and bomb damage bonus.

- Sun Bomb
Can only be activated when in day. Destroys all units within a short range of the caster.

-The Hammer Bros. Bomb
Plants a hammer like bomb which after X seconds, explodes and summons 2 Hammer Bros. going berserk and attacking nearby units.

- Scare-away Bomb
Plants a bomb which summons friendly boos which explode when in contact with other boos.

Status
Not open for further replies.