• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cant see anything (editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Servus,

I have a problem,

I create a map only for fun. I save it and close editor. (was yesterday)

Know (today) i open this map, it load reeeeealy fast and i say loud WTF :eekani:
I cant see no building oder units... and i cant see any of my triggers... :confused:

I dont know what i have done or what i can do jet :confused:
Plz can someone help me? :eekani:

And something other: Can one post me the damn link, where the "culor commands" are. (red, gree, blue ...) I dont find this #### Link :eekani:

Last edited:
Level 4
First: @ UchihaSasuke.gr --- I know its forbidden to unproject maps but sure all know how it works... and my oppinon: ITS SUX... i hate it so i never do this shit

And to: DarkDenizen: When i want play it in Wc3 it works... the game starts and after ca. 2 mins the Game shut down.... i try it 3 times and know i think my map i corrupted damn shit..

But why corrupted? How does it works, that a map corrupt in one night :eekani:
I dont understand this and sry for my terrible english :grin:

-----
I must go off now. When u have question i answer tomorror!! [that you know it =)]

Level 8
Well, i had a few first person experience with map corruption. It happened 4 times.

1) I closed my CPU while the Wc3 Editor on my map was on. I reopened it and nothing was in my map, or it wouldnt load it at all !

2) I closed the wc3 using Task Manager (becouse of lag) and ... y it got corrupted somehow (it doesnt get corrupted all the times though)

3) I saved the map and moved it (drag and drop) to another folder. AND IT GOT CORRUPTED !!!! LOL WORLD IS GOING MAD!!!

4) I saved my map with the name of my old corrupted map... u know how it ended up.

Though i belive none of these things happened to u.... but it might help u out

Level 4
Ohh jet where u say it...

I work @ my map... than me PC get slower and slower... than freez it... i dont know why my PC is freezing that time but i must restart it and the editor surely was open...

Damn this maybe the point :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ok that sux but than i do a new one :wink:

@ this point: THX @ all for Help! :infl_thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up: :smile:

P.S. can one say me plz the link for the colur commands ( I know only |c00FF0000|r (red))

Level 8
You may try Magos Model Editor. Ill post you some colors

|c0000FF00|r = BLUE
|c00FFFF00|r = YELLOW
|c0000FF00|r = GREEN
|c008000FF|r = PURPLE

and many other. As I told you, go to Magos Model Editor, go to extras, Colored Text, choose your color and click Generate. Then it will show you the code :)

(low lvl joke) Ill be kind to you, so i FORCE YOU TO ADD REP !!!!!!

Level 24
Colour is based off of RGB tinting, except in hex (255255255 becomes FFFFFF, use your computer's calculator to switch from dec to hex). I posted all the colours that WC3 uses somewhere, I'll try and dig those up. I do have it memorized that the default yellow WC3 uses (for levels, tooltips etc.) is |cffFFCC00<text here>|r. So an example would be Wind Walk - [Level 1] looks like |cffFFCC00W|rind Walk - [|cffFFCC00Level 1|r] in the editor.

Edit: Found it:
EDIT: about the "Unique" thing, the text to put it in with the proper colour is |cff8B00FFUnique|r. on a side not, the one for "Artifact" is |cffFF8C00Artifact|r, "Unique Consumable" is |cff87CEEBUnique Consumable|r, "Non-Combat Consumable" is |cff87CEEBNon-Combat Consumable|r (same colour as "Unique Consumable").

the text for the hotkey colours, "history", level #, or whatever, is |cffFFCC00<insert coloured text here>|r

Last edited:
Level 8
Thehelper.net has a tutorial on color hex codes, and THW probably does too. Hex uses 16 digits instead of 10, as we are used to. They are 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f. So you put in |cff, then the two hex values for red, then green, then blue, then your text, then |r.

Status
Not open for further replies.