• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't return attacking unit that is to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm making a td map. In the map you have towers that summon ethereal units. If the ethereal unit is attacking a unit while 1200 away from the summoning tower is should teleport back to the tower. Its like lone druids spirit bear teleporting back to him when he attacks from to far away.

I made some triggers but when the ethereal unit is attacking someone from further than 1200 distance of tower nothing happens. These are my triggers:

• Resummon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Rally-Point for (Summoned unit) to (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Summoning unit) to Orc Far Seer - Feral Spirit
this resummons the unit after a minute and sets the rally point ( i think something goes wrong here)

• Limit range
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) is Summoned) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set point1 = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Set point2 = (Rally-Point of (Attacking unit) as a point)
      • If ((Integer((Distance between point1 and point2))) Greater than 1200) then do (Unit - Move (Attacking unit) instantly to point2) else do (Do nothing)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_point1 )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_point2 )
This is the trigger that should move the unit back to the tower.

What am I doing wrong? :cry:

Level 7
Really no one knows whats causing it to not work? I have searched for a solution for about 2 hours but still found nothing to solve it.

Edit: i solved it by adding the "rally" ability to the ethereal unit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.