• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Can't open this map, why? - Attached File

Status
Not open for further replies.

old

old

Level 6
World editor: Press "test map" and it returns to the main menu of warcraft
War 3 FT: Try to open the map clicking downloads > Map and return to the main menu of warcraft

Also, 1 doubt: Why JASS is so limited comparing to GUI system? GUI you can even try to bug the system that it works, jass you move a pallet and it bugs, crashs, crunchs, slashs, and every other word to describe a videogame problem.

Attachments

• Pandarean Earthshaker v2.1.w3x
    248.4 KB · Views: 37
Level 13
It works nicely for me. However, I noticed there are some vJass code in that map, which means you need an editor which supports JassHelper such as WEX or JNGP. If you are using the vanilla world editor, it won't be able to convert vJass code into jass, resulting in what you are experiencing.

"Why JASS is so limited comparing to GUI system?"
It is the other way around. haha

Well, jokes aside... GUI is in fact JASS. Whenever you save your map, the entire graphical thing gets converted into JASS code.

old

old

Level 6
So i have to download vJASS, WEX or JGNP to open this? How to open this map? what should i do?
My world editor is the traditional world editor. I think its vanilla.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Also, 1 doubt: Why JASS is so limited comparing to GUI system? GUI you can even try to bug the system that it works, jass you move a pallet and it bugs, crashs, crunchs, slashs, and every other word to describe a videogame problem.
This makes no sense. GUI compiles to JASS on map save so in all cases you are using JASS. It sounds to me like you do not understand the syntax of JASS so are causing errors in JASS scripts when trying to edit them.
I want to know who was the first one who tried to solve all problems and learned how it works.
vJASS and such systems were created by Vexorian and people over at WC3Campaigns. They have long left the community, hence why JNGP never really was maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.