• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't open my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am trying to open a map that i have been working on for quite some time, but the problem is, i get this error: Unable to load file 'file directory'
-Main map file couldn't be opened.

No idea why this is, but i can at least tell you that my harddrive crashed, and i managed to get the stuff out from it. But then when i were about to copy them they like deleted them self. So i used a recovery program to get the files back, and they seemed to be fine. But apparently not, anyo got an idea how i can solve this?
If there seems to be solution i can always check the old harddrive and hope it's still there and working, but i doubt it.

Level 6
You have a big problem there, the data must have been corrupted at some point, i work at a computer shop and i can tell its bad. There might be a solution, but its gonna be hard to find unless someone here had the same problem and is willing to help. About 10% chance to get it back, am sorry...:sad:

Level 6
You have a big problem there, the data must have been corrupted at some point, i work at a computer shop and i can tell its bad. There might be a solution, but its gonna be hard to find unless someone here had the same problem and is willing to help. About 10% chance to get it back, am sorry...:sad:

Well, i checked the old harddrive again, and voilá. I found a still working map xD
Fucking lucky tbh, cause i don't really know what part of the harddrive that is fucked. But this time i was rather lucky i guess.

Level 3
Hello i post this here i dont find a better forum.
I made a orpg map but when i try to host it i dont find it.
when i start WE and clicks open file i find WoWc3.w3x (My map) but when i i try to host it i dont find it. WTH is happening im playing on a Vista and i dont know how i can find my map some one knows? (sorry for my bad english)

Level 12
Hello i post this here i dont find a better forum.
I made a orpg map but when i try to host it i dont find it.
when i start WE and clicks open file i find WoWc3.w3x (My map) but when i i try to host it i dont find it. WTH is happening im playing on a Vista and i dont know how i can find my map some one knows? (sorry for my bad english)
And you sire, should know that this might be an awesome forum, but it comes with many rules too. Like, posting in the right section.

P.S. Glad you got your map back Erkowich.

Level 7
i can't open my map because it says 'Level info data missing or invalid' been working on this map for about a year

You had more than one copy of that map right???

Make a different map save for every change you make to your map, for every map making session I start I creat a different map version. Means if i get a bug i can go back and eliminate the cause without risking months of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.