• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Can't Open my world editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I found this forum from online when i was looking for soultion for my problem...
Then i found this and i want to post a thread for asking how to solve my problem.....

However I have no goal here... So i wont stay here so much unless this forum helped me to solve my problem ^_^

My problem is related to WarCraft III "World Editor CRASH"

When i open it... then i wait like few sec then it say stop working...
Then i click the event etc that... it say it the thing cause it stop working is APPCRASH... So please can anyone solve my problem?

I will really thanks if you helped me to use world editor!!!
I want to use it because some maps are f**ked up... So i want to edit them..

Level 16
Im confused, your world editor itself doesn't open, or a map you have doesn't open?

If the world editor itself doesn't open, I suggest you uninstall warcraft 3, then reinstall.
If it is a map, then that might be harder if not impossible to fix.

Level 2
Im confused, your world editor itself doesn't open, or a map you have doesn't open?

If the world editor itself doesn't open, I suggest you uninstall warcraft 3, then reinstall.
If it is a map, then that might be harder if not impossible to fix.

But i didnt download the warcraft.... So idk where the link to download it... the laptop is my cousin and the game is my cousin download too... then he fly to china and only thing he left for me is this laptop =_=

If you're trying to open a protected map, then your world editor will crash. Try opening the world editor without opening a map and see if it works.

and i am not trying to open a map... i am trying to just open world editor itself =_=

Level 2
:ogre_hurrhurr:

of course you can't , you need to have the world editor along with the warcraft.. but i'm not sure about download links... maybe an install CD ?

Lol.... i open world editor in side war3 folder =_= my friend say his working and he send me his then i use it it not work... it say it cant find shit so i replace the one inside war3 folder
then open.. same shit happen =_= sorry insulting words...

Level 2

????? what going on...

Usually, you have a cd-rom for Warcraft. Just try to find it to reinstall the game.

You may be able to extract the cd key from warcraft, so you can reinstall it with the same key.

i dont understand any crap about cd shit =_=
i never downloaded and etc....

What i did is just open garena and click war3 and play that all i do...
i never dl war3 =_= read the thread men =_=

Sorry for saying shit also...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Reinstall WarCraft III.
2. Patch WarCraft III.
3. Run editor.

Report back if it still crashes.

You can eithor install WarCraft III from a game disc or download the full version from the internet. Both require a genunine valid CD KEY. Downloading yourself requires you permantly bind the key to your BattleNet 2.0 account so consider asking a friend for the download link if you ever plan to re-sell your CD KEY (although I am not sure the liscence permits this any more so consider asking a Blizzard representitive before re-selling).

Level 2
1. Reinstall WarCraft III.
2. Patch WarCraft III.
3. Run editor.

Report back if it still crashes.

You can eithor install WarCraft III from a game disc or download the full version from the internet. Both require a genunine valid CD KEY. Downloading yourself requires you permantly bind the key to your BattleNet 2.0 account so consider asking a friend for the download link if you ever plan to re-sell your CD KEY (although I am not sure the liscence permits this any more so consider asking a Blizzard representitive before re-selling).

The problem is idk where to install it =_=

The problem is idk where to install it =_=
He said it :

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If you purchased WarCraft III boxed version your CD KEY will be inside the box that holds the disk. It is either printed on a manual (newer games) or stuck on the holder itself. You can use the CDs to install the game and enter the CD KEY that came with them. Both Reign of Chaos and the expansion The Frozen Throne have different CD KEY that must be unique to you.

If your CD is damaged or you do not have a CD capable drive you can download the game from Blizzard. The download link can be obtained directly from BattleNet 2.0 by creating an account and permanently binding your CD KEYs to it. You can also ask a friend who has done that to send you the link as the downloader itself requires no authentication.

If you purchased the game as a digital download you can always redownload it by logging into your BattleNet 2.0 account and geting the downloader link. You should also be able to view the CD KEYs if the installer prompts you for them. Be aware that some CD KEYs may change when attached to your BattleNet 2.0 account such as those for Diablo II old boxed version (they had shorter keys).

When installing you can install the game prety much anywhere with 2 exceptions.
1. The backing storage should have good performance for optimum gameplay experience (your fastest hard disk is recommended).
2. Path of the installation folder should be short (avoid heavy nesting or long folder names). This is to avoid bugs with WarCraft III where it is unable to load maps due to excessive path length.

After installation you should immediatly log into BattleNet in-game to make sure your game is up-to-date. If you get into the login screen this means your game is using the lattest patch. Do not use the Public Test Realm if available as those patches are not stable (only for testers).

A CD KEY is equivelent to a liscence to play a game. In the case of Blizzard games it give 1 person the right to play the game and make full use of free services offered by Blizzard for the game. Some companies allow you to resell games as long as you transfer full ownership of the CD KEY to the new owner but I believe Blizzard has removed any such pollicy with the introduction of BattleNet 2.0 where accounts are not transferable and games are permanently binding.

If you do not own a CD KEY for both WarCraft III Reign of Chaos and its Expansion The Frozen Throne then you cannot legally play the game. You will need to purchase ones to use the game. You can buy the game directly from Blizzard's BattleNet 2.0 store and use it as soon as any transactions complete. Most large game stores should still have a few boxed copies of WarCraft III lying around despite the games age. Additionally many trusted online retailers still sell and deliver boxed copies of WarCraft III. Avoid directly buying the CD KEY from bulk CD KEY sites as the cheap prices they promote are often the result of fradulent activities and they can try to defaurd you.

Level 2
Actually there is some chinese words idk why =_= anyway here are pictures~~

What my war3 folder look likes :

http://i.imgur.com/NLFUu.png

What happen after i open my world editor :

http://i.imgur.com/m5VCB.png

I know you can use this code "
" but i dont use because it is too big =_=

Level 12
Looks like a virus has curropted your installation. Reinstall the game.

like what Dr Super Good said, the installation must have been corrupted

this is how my folder looks like, compare it to yours...

210329-albums5809-picture61549.jpg

you should really follow what Dr Super Good said about reinstalling the warcraft III, but you got to have CD or request for installation.

Note : about the image, you can always use "
[(/)Hidden]" to hide your image and only showed when you click the "reveal" button :)

Level 2
Looks like a virus has curropted your installation. Reinstall the game.

like what Dr Super Good said, the installation must have been corrupted

this is how my folder looks like, compare it to yours...

210329-albums5809-picture61549.jpg

you should really follow what Dr Super Good said about reinstalling the warcraft III, but you got to have CD or request for installation.

Note : about the image, you can always use "
[(/)Hidden]" to hide your image and only showed when you click the "reveal" button :)

The problem is i dont freaking installed this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 9
you got the solution for your problem but didnt follow the instructions.
noone will answer this anymore.
you have the solution but you just complain about that you didnt installed that wc3 version instead of following the given instructions to solve your problem. thats a really stupid behaviour in my opinion (and for sure of some others here). even if you didnt installed that version reinstall it (the already mentioned solution) and see if it works or still have problems. if yes post it here...if not be happy.

and by the way....i dont know what your parents have told you but if someone helped you solving a problem you should say 'thanks'....thats least you can do.

if that post is a bit too rude please forgive me but i hate it if someone got the solution for a problem and just complains about nonsense instead of saying 'thanks' and follow the given instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.