• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't make Hero glow appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Salutations, recently I've been getting some models out of the way, but one of them is being particularly hard to work with.

After having it crash my editor upwards to seven times, I finally fixed the problem (without discovering what it was) and now it appears in-game.

But there is still a lingering problem.

In the model editor, I can see the Hero glow.

In the world editor and in the game, I cannot.

I have the hero glow.geo attached to the "hero" bone, and I've made sure it has beginning and ending animations. But it simply doesn't appear in the game.

This has been frustrating me to the point of shouting at someone, and I'd very much like to get this fixed so I may get around to apologizing for my outburst.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Help2.jpg
Help1.jpg

Level 28
Hum, Does "somehow" the hero glow appear in random place of the map?

Otherwise, to solve this, just create his own hero glow goeset, attach it to a new bone "teamColorglow", and that should fix your problem or just add it via trigger.

Level 18
Most likely a faulty geoset animation alpha key. Editing geosets in MDX format instead of MDL tends to do that. Open the model in Magos, highlight the geoset, go to Geoset Animation Manager and set the alpha value to 1. Then SAVE AS MDL and use another program (MDLX Converter, MdlVis) to convert back to MDX.

Level 65
The problem has returned in full.

Even though I employed the same method I used to fix the Wolfmaster, while working on the infested Night-elf the problem returned.

I must ask, where is the Alpha Value displayed in MdlVis? I cannot find it to save my life, it seems.

...it's animation geoset set to -1.

What do you mean by this, how can I reverse the effect?

Level 28
I must ask, where is the Alpha Value displayed in MdlVis? I cannot find it to save my life, it seems.
You mean the Alpha material? Besides, What do you mean the problem has returned with he infested Nigh Elf,, then I assume it's a material or geoset issue but apparently the Alpha show properly wherever in WE or game!?

Level 65
The hero glow (attached to a bone called hero which itself is attached to another standalone bone called teamColorglow) is not appearing in either the world editor nor the game.

It is appearing in MdlVis and Magos' model editor though, which is what is fuddling me.

I've since found the alpha value and made sure that it is set to 1. (Though it was 1 before I made any changes, strangely.)

I can post the model if it'd help.

Level 28
The hero glow (attached to a bone called hero which itself is attached to another standalone bone called teamColorglow) is not appearing in either the world editor nor the game.
Wait, you are making the hero glow attached to two bones? Try to create a new bone then attach the hero glow to it without attaching it to standalone bone, that should solve the problem.

Level 65
I removed the bone standalone bone like you said, while it didn't fix it I noticed something-- The hero glow.geo was not attached to the 'hero' bone.

:goblin_wtf: :goblin_cry::goblin_boom:

After having a good shout at my screen and hiring some goblins to give you an example of what happened, re-attaching the geoset solved the problem and I was being ludicrously stupid the whole time apparently.

I must thank you profusely for tolerating my thick-skull and lending aid despite seemingly no progress prior.

I hope you have a good day, gentlemen.

Reactions: ILH
Status
Not open for further replies.