• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Can't figure this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Mob Experience Rate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) or ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))
    • Actions
      • Rect - Center Players Cleric Share Exp Zone <gen> on (Position of (Dying unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Add (Point-value of (Dying unit)) experience to (Killing unit), Show level-up graphics
            • If - Conditions
              • (Does Players_Cleric_Share_Exp contain a unit of Type Cleric) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Players_Cleric_Share_Exp) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Cleric
                      • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Killing unit))
                      • (Hero level of (Picked unit)) Less than (Hero level of (Killing unit))
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Hero - Add ((Point-value of (Dying unit)) / 2) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
It's suppose to award the cleric half of the exp of another players kills if he is in range of the killing unit and is a lower level than the killing unit... But it doesn't work...

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong cause it's driving me crazy?

Level 5
It could be the move rect action. this isn't a good method. You could just check whether a clereic is in X range of the killing unit.
And after the
  • Hero - Add (Point-value of (Dying unit)) experience to (Killing unit), Show level-up graphics
don't make an IF.
Just pick all the units in X range and then check whether a cleric is there.
Oh and you could remove the 'Do Nothing's because they are not needed.

Try that and reply.

greetz

Level 4
  • Mob Experience Rate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) or ((Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown))
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Is (Killing unit) near Heros_Tier1_Cleric[(Integer A)] and withing a range of 500.00) Equal to True
                  • (Hero level of Heros_Tier1_Cleric[(Integer A)]) Less than (Hero level of (Killing unit))
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hero - Add ((Point-value of (Dying unit)) / 2) experience to Heros_Tier1_Cleric[(Integer A)], Show level-up graphics
                  • Game - Display to (Owner of Heros_Tier1_Cleric[(Integer A)]), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: The shared exp trig...
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
This is the only way I can do it with the method you described. You can't do unit of type in range either, it has to be a specific unit. There is no function to see if unit is in range of another unit, unless I missed it...

And how would I pick units in X range of another unit to see if Cleric is there?

Level 5
So you cannot use this method?

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Killing unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • IF - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Cleric
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) not Equal to (Owner of (Killing unit))
            • THEN - Actions
              • Hero - Add ((Point-value of (Dying unit)) / 2) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
            • ELSE - Actions

Level 4
That's funny, I thought of the same thing but did it a little different:

• Mob Experience Rate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Killing unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Cleric)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to Player 1 (Red), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: The shared exp trig...
            • Else - Actions
It should work the same right?

Actually, for the full trigger I would have to do:

• Mob Experience Rate Global Distrubtion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Killing unit))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Killing unit) is Summoned) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Picked unit) is owned by (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Hero - Add (Point-value of (Dying unit)) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Changed it to global distribution to all heroes in range and tested and works. Thanks bud :)

Last edited:
Level 5
your script is exactly the same. You just added the summoned condition, so the owner will get the xp.
then hf with mapping.
greetz

Level 4
Ok, so I actually wanna change this a lil bit but don't know how.

• Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
Code:
(Hero level of (Picked unit)) Less than (Hero level of (Killing unit))

How do I make this say if picked unit is 10 levels lower then killing unit??

Doing it this way prevents power leveling when I add in save/load code or if someone wants to change class and level up free as well.

So... I thought I had it solved and I don't see why...
I added in
Code:
(Hero level of (Killing unit)) Greater than or equal to ((Hero level of (Picked unit)) + 10)
And it's still not working, it's awarding exp regardless.... Help?

Last edited:
Level 4
Change 'Hero level of (killing unit)' into

Arithmetic: ... - ...
Hero Level of (killing unit) - 10

This should result in:
(Hero level of (Picked unit)) Less than ((Hero level of (Killing unit)) - 10)

Def changed it to:

• (Hero level of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to ((Hero level of (Killing unit)) - 10)
And it still doesn't work... I have a test setup to have a lv 50 hero kill a neutral hostile unit near me and I'm level 1 and it still awards me exp :(

Level 4
OK!!! Got it to work.. God that took forever.

This is what made it work:

• (Hero level of (Killing unit)) Less than or equal to ((Hero level of (Picked unit)) + 10)
Thanks for the help ")

So, final trigger looks like:

• Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Hero level of (Killing unit)) Less than or equal to ((Hero level of (Picked unit)) + 10)
                • Then - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Killing unit) is Summoned) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Picked unit) is owned by (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Hero - Add (Point-value of (Dying unit)) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.