• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] I cant figure why this isnt workin correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In my map im makin i have the first round of my tournament that involves computers workin perfectly but the second round is not reviving the dying guy (Zolug the Dark) and its not moving the killing unit(Dart Behr) and I have the first round trigger exaclty the same except all the variables are different, and I cant figure out why its not reviving Zolug the Dark and moving Dart Behr

heres my trigger
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Remove (Dying unit) from TournamentFighter
    • Unit Group - Remove (Dying unit) from TournamentFighter2
    • Unit Group - Remove (Dying unit) from TournamentFighters
    • Unit Group - Remove (Killing unit) from TournamentFighter
    • Unit Group - Remove (Killing unit) from TournamentFighter2
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Dying unit) is in TournamentFighters) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Center of Tournament Entry <gen>), Show revival graphics
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Dying unit) Equal to Krys Marx 0016 <gen>
      • Then - Actions
        • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Center of Rect 010 <gen>), Show revival graphics
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Make (Dying unit) Invulnerable
      • If - Conditions
        • (Dying unit) Equal to Zolug the Dark 0011 <gen>
      • Then - Actions
        • Hero - Instantly revive Zolug the Dark 0011 <gen> at (Center of Rect 006 <gen>), Show revival graphics
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Dying unit) Equal to Dart Behr 0014 <gen>
      • Then - Actions
        • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Center of Rect 008 <gen>), Show revival graphics
      • Else - Actions
    • Unit - Make (Killing unit) Invulnerable
    • Player Group - Pick every player in TournamentFightersUno and do (Player - Make (Owner of (Dying unit)) treat (Picked player) as an Ally with shared vision)
    • Player Group - Pick every player in TournamentFightersUno and do (Player - Make (Picked player) treat (Owner of (Dying unit)) as an Ally with shared vision)
    • Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Dying unit)) from TournamentFightersUno
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (The winner of this round is + (Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))))
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Killing unit) is in TournamentFighters) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Move (Killing unit) instantly to (Center of Tourny Vision2 <gen>)
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Killing unit) Equal to Baal 0027 <gen>
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Move (Killing unit) instantly to (Center of Rect 017 <gen>)
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Killing unit) Equal to Krys Marx 0016 <gen>
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Move (Killing unit) instantly to (Center of Rect 010 <gen>)
      • Else - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Killing unit) Equal to Dart Behr 0014 <gen>
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Move Dart Behr 0014 <gen> instantly to (Center of Rect 008 <gen>)
      • Else - Actions
    • Unit - Set life of (Killing unit) to 100.00%
    • Unit - Set mana of (Dying unit) to 100.00%
    • Unit - Set life of (Dying unit) to 100.00%
    • Unit - Set mana of (Killing unit) to 100.00%
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type (Unit-type of Fighter[3]))) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Fighter[3] = No unit
        • Set Winner[2] = Fighter[4]
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Fighter[4] = No unit
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type (Unit-type of Fighter[4]))) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Set Fighter[4] = No unit
        • Set Winner[2] = Fighter[3]
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Fighter[3] = No unit
    • Countdown Timer - Start TournamentBegin as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
    • Trigger - Turn on Tournament Round 3 <gen>

Level 5
... you just removed a unit from a group then checked if it is in the group you removed it from. Obviously that's going to return false... and then u checked if a unit is a group that (I think) it should already be in...and whats the point in making a dead unit invulnerable?...I'd have to look at your trigger a lot more closely to work out the reason it doesn't work, but I figure (since the variables are different) it's something to do with not setting the variables properly or some such problem. And you really should change those things I mentioned. There's absolutely no point in them whatsoever and they just make your trigger inefficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.