Cannibalise Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I had a realy good idea for a spell that would go with my Wretched race (based on wow Wretched Blood Elves), its a modified version of the Ghouls Cannibalise spell and goes like this:

One unit summons a "Mana Crystal"

Other nearby units click "Cannibalise" ability and go up to the Mana Crystal and starting "eating" it as if it was a corpse and gain health back.

The problem is, even when i set the cannibalise spell to target living units it stills says "there are no usable corpses nearby" and won't target the Mana Crystal. Anyone know how I could do this?

Level 11
Hi, I had a realy good idea for a spell that would go with my Wretched race (based on wow Wretched Blood Elves), its a modified version of the Ghouls Cannibalise spell and goes like this:

One unit summons a "Mana Crystal"

Other nearby units click "Cannibalise" ability and go up to the Mana Crystal and starting "eating" it as if it was a corpse and gain health back.

The problem is, even when i set the cannibalise spell to target living units it stills says "there are no usable corpses nearby" and won't target the Mana Crystal. Anyone know how I could do this?

You need a "DEAD" unit in order to create cannibalise and oh organic

Level 33
You have to remember, some of the mechanics in Warcraft III are hard-coded, meaning that you can't change the fact and default settings of it even if you tamper with it

One of the hard-coded mechanic, is this, Cannibalize.

You must have a usable corpse first before activating the spell.
You can't change this fact.

Another thing is, Death Coil and Holy Light

Both of these spells are hard-coded, Death Coil will only damage Living unit and will heal Undead unit (even if it's your enemy) and vice-versa for Holy Light

Level 14
You have to use dummy spell... create a Point-Target spell that is a dummy and order (with triggers) the unit to go to the crystal and play its 'eating' animation (if you want) and give them health with triggers aswell - its simple! Tell me if you want me to create a test map. ;)

Sorry for my bad english...

Level 8
Just have your crystal die when it spawns, and have the same model for the death, they will automatically go over and eat it, and it'll look just how you want.

Just make a crystal unit, must be an organic unit i believe.

Level 14
Just have your crystal die when it spawns, and have the same model for the death, they will automatically go over and eat it, and it'll look just how you want.

Just make a crystal unit, must be an organic unit i believe.

Yes, but i don't think that the animations will roll while the crystal is 'dead' (if the crustal has animations)...

Level 7

That would mean it still casts canibal on normal corpses aswel though.

You have to use dummy spell... create a Point-Target spell that is a dummy and order (with triggers) the unit to go to the crystal and play its 'eating' animation (if you want) and give them health with triggers aswell - its simple! Tell me if you want me to create a test map. ;)

Thanks but I didnt think this would be this complex and it's not a major part of the map so I don't think its worth the hassle to implement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.