• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raise Dead Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, guys. I've made a map where you start off with a Main Structure, which can produce Heroes. You choose your Hero, go off and kill creeps, and try to kill opposing Heroes and their Main Structures.

I've edited Raise Dead for the Lich King called "Scourge Call". Basically has three levels which summons different units and different no.s of units each level.

The problem is, I gave the Necropolis the create corpse ability and the Lich King can't target those corpses as corpses. When I press the ability, it says "No available corpses nearby." I've checked (Targets Allowed) in the Editor and it says "Dead" in the list, but I don't know whats wrong! Please helpz!:vw_wtf:

Level 21
You could use the Book of the Dead ability, fused with Raise Dead, and Animate Dead all into one spell.

Level 33
Moin moin =)

If I remember it correctly, Raise Dead needs ex-living corpses. This means, a unit must die and this corpse can be used for Raise Dead. This corpse production produce non unit corpses and that's the point

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

You're wrong
(As said by Nenjamonky 117)
Graveyard unit (basic structure in Warcraft III Melee Game) has an ability called "Create Corpse"
Corpses will surround the Graveyard in for a max if 5 corpses
Necromancers can manipulate these corpses from their ability, Raise Dead
Summons 1~2 skeleton units to fight for him, using the corpse generated by the Graveyard

Why did I tested it and it works perfectly ?
Test map attached

Attachments

• Raise Dead Necropolis.w3x
    12.4 KB · Views: 76
Level 4
K, from compiling all the suggestions here, I've come up with a plan. MUAHAHAHA!! I'll give the Necropolis Cargo Hold [Meat Wagon] so it can hold corpses from "Exhume Corpses", and also give it "Drop Corpse" (duh) so the Lich King can use them. The only problem is, when I target the Necropolis, the Cargo Hold bar doesn't show up, and corpses aren't "Exhumed!" If I can solve these problems, the Necropolis mite be good. The ability itself is still in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.