• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Raise Dead not registering Corpses in a custom unit with Corpse Hold. [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sup guys.

I've been wracking my brain for a while now, and I just can't seem to understand what's happening.

I've been messing around in the Editor, just trying out some different ideas.
One of the things that I tried to make is a different type of Supply/Defense building for Undead.
It's just a simple Grave - really cheap to make, auto regens (but with very low health and armor) and doesn't spread Blight. Not sure what supply amount I'm gonna implement.

Anyway, the defensive aspect is my problem. I want it to have a corpse hold (like on the vanilla Meatwagon) and auto generates a corpse every X seconds (again, like the Meatwagon). I've copied both abilities from the Meatwagon and tweaked the cargo capacity to 1 and the time it takes to Exhume a new corpse.

It successfully generates and stores the corpse, and can drop and pick it up as well. The only problem is that the ability (a Raise Dead-esque spell calling a single Zombie) doesn't seem to register the corpse inside the Grave. I've tried it with my custom ability and with a Necromancer's normal Raise Dead.

The generated corpse works fine, as it has the 'does decay, can raise' option. It just doesn't seem to register to different abilities, even though the Meatwagon's version (of which this is basically a copy) does.

Any ideas why?

Level 6
You can use a simple trigger to drop the corpse and summon a zombie instantly after it. simply what I did. take a look

Attachments

• Grave.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.