• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Cannibalize Range Increase Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My requirements
I need to increase the distance to target for a heal spell based on the Cannibalize spell. The Necromancer (ranged hero) needs to cast Cannibalize from a long distance in order to heal himself.

What works
The spell works at short range and plays the correct "stand, channel" animation and the trigger function "create special effect at position of target unit of ability being cast" works as expected. The heal effect works and the mana cost and cool-down also function as expected.

What doesn't work
"No nearby corpses found" error message at any distance >~50 (50 being the default cast range).

What I've tried
All conceivable combinations of the following:

1. Increasing cast range to 1000.
  2. Increasing AoE to 1000.
  3. Giving the spell a missile speed, arc, art and homing enabled
I have also looked through the gameplay constants for anything that could effect the cannibalize spell and found nothing. I have searched the forums for help and found only a few threads but nothing addressing this specific problem.

My ideal solution
A quick stat change that I overlooked enables the Necromancer to find usable corpses (Dead, ground, organic units) at a range of 1000 and cannibalize it for health. Preferably using no triggers or minimal GUI triggers.

I appreciate any and all advice.

Level 2
SOLVED

I don't know why but the reason my spell was broken is because "Max Hit Points = " should have been set really high (10,000). I don't know why that is but hey I'll take it. It seems to have something to do with the way Cannibalize finds "suitable" corpses

Mark as solved plz :D

Level 2
Follow-up

I apologize, but I do not fully understand your question. I will try and answer as best I can:

I increased the cast range to 1000 and the max hit points to 99999. That worked. I also added a special effect at the target-point for looks.

Good night all.
:goblin_sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.