• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Canceling Units Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello! I am making a map kinda like a board game. At the beginning of your turn, your troops get mana for abilities which can be used to move, attack, cast spells, etc.

But I can't use the move ability because of course, units can be moved by right-click. Is there anyway to cancel units orders to move but also still be able to walk with the Move ability?

Hope that makes sense and thank you anyone in advance.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
When you right-click, you order the unit to do "smart". You can detect when a unit is issued smart at a point and use a 0.00 seconds timer to cancel it.
You must take care, that only the move is canceld and not other smart orders.

Level 8
There's an alternative that @Dat-C3 discovered with the use of the Channel ability to disable smart orders but I cannot for the life of me find it right now. Hopefully he sees this and responds to it soon. Maybe a blood sacrifice will get him here sooner. :p

Level 10
Oh yes! After I heard about smart orders, I did a deep Web search and eventually found his Ideas map in a Hive forum. It's a channeling ability that works like a charm. I'm still experimenting with it. But that you for the reply!
I'll rep you and Jampion once I get on a computer.
You can still do a blood sacrifice though, that sounds too hardcore not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.