• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can YOU Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
If you're skilled with either vJASS or creating GUI triggers, Wc3:WoW needs you! That's right! Wc3:WoW is now accepting GUI triggers instead of only vJASS code. This decision has recently been made because it has been extremely difficult to find and recruit a reliable vJASS coder who is experienced enough to create the many triggers needed for Wc3:WoW - especially elaborate systems such as an inventory or talent system.

The direction of Wc3:WoW has shifted yet again. Instead of focusing primarily on completing core systems that relate to the inventory, talents, etc., we'll focus on whatever will help us playtest the mod.

Here's the list of pros and cons to this new path we're taking:
PROS:
  • Finding triggerers should be easier.
  • Development progress continues and hopefully lasts longer.
  • BETA Testers may have something to look forward to finally.
  • Skilled vJASS coders may become interested in the project if it is playable already.

CONS:
  • Significant systems such as inventory/equipment, talent tree, crafting, and many others will simply not be doable.
  • Loading and trigger execution in-game may take longer.

If you're interested in becoming an official Wc3:WoW triggerer or coder, please send me a PM or post in this thread with samples of your skill(s) to prove you can work well in the editor as a triggerer.

Level 24
I know one person who is good with Jass or vJass (I dont know which) I've tried to talk him over to join this project for a while but he keeps saying he got an outher project :S I still try to talk him over but it dont seem to go anywere.

Level 20
Wise choice, I'd hate to see this die and yeah... JASSer's don't grow on trees. Good luck with your hunt and the project as a whole =)

Significant systems such as inventory/equipment, talent tree, crafting, and many others will simply not be doable.

Not quite sure why they aren't doable... ;p
Ok maybe inven/equip will be too inefficient, but talent tree + crafting should be ok, no?

Level 25
Well yes, it's doable. But not in a very WoW-like way. I planned on making it have it's own fullscreen window system. I'm sure we'll get to creating some mediocre inventory, talent, equipment system. It just won't be as intricately detailed and showy as I had planned to have it made.

Right now my number one goal is to recreate our 1.23 version of the mod for 1.24+, minus the errors/triggers that had held it back from advancing into patch version 1.24 and beyond.

Nevertheless, Wc3:WoW 2.0 will come. I will be revamping the What NOT To Expect and Change-Log threads once I have a more solid idea of what can actually be put forth into the campaign this time.

Level 24
what about the character creation I know you have stated worked on that will it be like in WoW?

Level 6
I was hoping to not get to this critical moment, but seems things not always are perfect. Now to explain you about my self some stuff first, then you decide if I fit, or the situation is so critical so I can be in. I have worked both with World Editor and Game Maker programs from which I got good understanding on how to solve and learn things. I do know GML, but I dont know a shit about JASS. I only understand GUI, so if you need such people who use the DragnDrop stile, then I probably can do the job. Im still in the process of learning, so dont expect me to rush and do every thing at moment! If you need me to do something, then I for sure will experiment with stuff to find a way to fit it in the game.
Now I want to present you my experimentations so far I got with World Editor. Now I know they are not very impressive, because I dont work with World Editor so often as used to like with Game Maker.
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=9c9d795aa9
This is the link to the archive with maps and unit data which I experimented so far.
(4)Hellfire.w3x was a test map to test AI commands which totally failed for the reason that I cant understand it at all still!
CF.w3x was kind of a fail project to make a Castle Fight remix project, but as well turn to have some stuff working too and learned from it lot.
Dota for prota.w3x from the beginning it was a joke for my little cousin to make him easier DotA and more simpler, then it turned kind of in more serious project.
Race.w3o a try to make major Ogre race which failed for the lack of models.
Races.w3x this one is like the Race.w3o, but lot more improved and extended only in ideas! The only problem of it is that the races were planned to be "simplified".
Test.w3x was the main source of "experimenting before launching" - stuffs like abilities and units.
WC3Madness.w3x an improved version and serious one of the Dota for prota.w3x map. Improved triggers for less performance cost and less lag in game causing. As well added and rebalanced stuffs!
WC3Madness (customAI).w3x same like above, but intended to make the AI total custom made until I decided its useless to make it that far ... for now!
WoW.w3x was intended to test heroes spells and abilities before releasing them in the campaign map. So far, only a mage with a frost nova was made xd.
WoW.w3n a campaign which is only level design for now and not at all trigger made and finished! I gave up from it long ago ... until now.
And lastly to present edited and rebalanced First Wc3WoW Demo.w3n campaign (things like HP and MP change, as well and OP mobs like the teldrasil spiders lvl2 which sucks your health incredibly fast, enabled human and undead races for play and lot more stuff) made by craka_j and hes team. I only couldnt fix or understand things like bear form bug and such. I just still cant understand how or why they are made like that!

Well so far this I can present you from my skills ... but hey, I have allot of spare time as well - no life! Am I accepted?

Oh and forgot, I never played on a blizzard server, so I am not very in with the things how work there. Some one will have to control my work somehow by skype or something! As well I never worked in teams with any one, so you have to introduce me how the things work! You can see it your self by the fake names which I made in the Durotar map of the WoW campaign. Probably LOT of stuff are missing like lazy peons and for which I dont know. I already prepared places for some NPC, but like I sayd, probably not for every.

Last edited:
Level 24
It's nice that you want to join the team but pherhaps you havent seen the project is dead :S

Level 19
Well, Craka did say it wouldn't be dead if it could be handed to someone else, or have a slower progress, he could help too I guess:)

Level 24
Yea sure but I doubt any one will take up this project since it's waaaaaaaaaay to huge to be finish anytime soon.

Level 1
oh for f**k sake... its not dead, its inactive just until the Ardent Heroes project is finished, i can see that you've all waited very long for this campaign... but the team and Craka_J has another map with a bigger team they need to finish. It is like 45% finished at the time, so just have patience and i believe when they finish this is going to be the best hive campaign ever! :). So don't say that it is dead, just wait until they finish the Ardent Heroes project. Hope it helps for all those d***h bags out there who have no patience. If you can't wait for it i recommend forget this for a bit like i did. Maybe then they'll be finished at the other project and be working on this one. :)

P.S. i am pretty good at GUI triggering so i can help out too when this project is going to be active once again.

Level 24
I dont think you get it this map may be inactive for the moment but it will NEVER EVER be completed even if we get 50 ppl working on it.

Level 1
i don't think so you only need the right coders and you'll get the job done, you know that there are such a things as vJASS and motivation :)

Level 34
No, this project is not going to finish. I doubt anyone on the project ever thought it would, the scope is too big. However modding isn't always about finishing a project, the process is fun.

Level 1
Well it could be fun for everyone of they've made the fun parts of WoW like professions, good PVP, Talent system, even the WoW hero creation and selection screens which are totally cool and awesome (my opinion), and these all are possible even in GUI (my exp).
It could at least be a half done until like everything until level 30-40 or something :) it could be finished but they need more troops. Damn you Ardent heroes! >:D

I will join as considerng how much work I have on my many projects already, I can delay them as much as I want and this would also be a full triggering job instead of doing everything on my own:).
I am a pretty much talented GUIer and I can make my triggers go as far to officiant as they can (with GUI in this matter).
I will take more time to read this latter as I have to go now.

Level 24
Support dosent complete the project if Cracka ever says this map might be completed I would support this but even a few years back he said don't count on this map bring completed so I dont see why you're trying to see this as a possibilty when the leader have stopped trying.

Level 24
Well that's because Blizzard got a complete verison of their game so people can actully play the game ;) Do you think that WarCraft III would have as many supporters if the game did not exist? Anyway support WarCraft III because it's the best thing that has happend to this world.

Level 2
Just dropping by to say that when/if you get started on this project again I can help with the GUI. I believe I can trigger anything that's possible to do with GUI as I've triggered maps for many years.

Level 25
This mod project is and has been dead for a while now. I've had the download uploaded since April 1st of last year, which you can find HERE on Mod DB! Sorry it never got finished. I sometimes want to work on it more --- just to get the terrain out of the way, since it's fun to do --- but with the lack of JASS knowledge (and the lack of dedication to learn it myself) I cannot really do much with the mod. So unless you are willing to do all the programming for me, I refuse to dedicate myself to this project further. Thanks and I hope you enjoy what is available to you!

Level 24
It isn't really much to test , it's a very unffinished verision and exept for being a helpfull source of models there are few things it's good for.

Level 17
hey this project is dead right? last time i checked it out it was lol you guys where way over your head when you started making this huh? how did you even get it hosted i downloaded the campaign and the terrain was awesome also most of the triggers where finished it looked like you need to work on the terrain of about 10 more maps and then it should have been good to go but dunno its your choice

Status
Not open for further replies.