• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Renewal On The Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I am sure you are all wondering what's going on with Wc3:WoW and what has happened in the past few months. To be quite brief and honest, nothing has happened, as far as I know. Supposedly we still have a dedicated spell creator working on stuff, but nothing major has been reported for a long time.

Apparently my motivational skills are no longer efficient enough to maintain Wc3:WoW's teams' interest and inspiration to continue working actively. This unfortunately brings us back to square one: rebuilding the team. If you're really good with vJASS, you're wanted. But you need to be able to actually work and accept that the work-load will be pretty discouraging (lots to do) which has been the case for a ton of people I've recruited and kicked.

I may continue terraining Wc3:WoW despite the fact that the team is once again just a couple guys and literally no trigger work, mainly for the fun of it. I really hate quitting on this project and have quit so many times, but I always come back to it. I need to get this thing done in some way, shape, or form. If you too share a passion for developing large-scale mods, Wc3:WoW is what needs you most.
[PS]: I'd like to send a special thanks to all those who've been creating models and textures for Wc3:WoW, even though they aren't on the team. I appreciate it a ton and it's one of the core reasons I've decided to renew my faith in the WarCraft III modding community. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!

I also thank all the fans who remain patient and supportive. It's impressive that so many are still backing the project up and are willing to play-test and whatnot. Although there is nothing to test right now since there's no triggers, I appreciate the applications and interest nonetheless. Once again, THANK YOU!

[EDIT]:
I made a new News post on our Mod DB profile, check it out! http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-world-of-warcraft/news/revived4

Last edited:
Level 25
vJASS V.S. JASS & GUI

Here are the reasons why we're using vJASS now instead of GUI triggers and JASS:
  • vJASS is easiest to use and has a much wider range of things it can do that GUI triggers cannot do.

• vJASS is preferred from all of our coders.

• GUI triggers are often leaky and disorganized, while vJASS tends to not be as leaky or leaky at all, depending on the coder. Same goes for organization.

• vJASS coded triggers that are leaky are usually fixable to an extent or fixable completely.

• Mixture of GUI and JASS with vJASS has caused issues in the past with Wc3:WoW that made the campaign have either critical errors, not be editable, or even not playable at all.

• vJASS and JASS code is the main triggering language that the WarCraft engine reads fastest, even faster than GUI. Sometimes by a long-shot.

• Sticking to one triggering method such as vJASS rather than multiple triggering methods can result in confusion and create issues with organization and work habits.

• vJASS is pretty much a simplified version of JASS, so JASS alone isn't exactly too useful when you've got vJASS.

• GUI is slow, leaky, unorganized, consumes space, and is completely unnecessary when you've got the option to code it all in vJASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.