• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can we make a unit move below a bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
but i have an opened map, not protected, shared by them, what map are you talking about? maybe i can help you

Level 9
try this :)

Note: They have two carts, i. e. Human Cart(Ground) which has a movement type of foot, has a movement height of 0.10 and Human Cart(Bridge) has a movement type of fly, and has a movement height of 0.01 Based on War Carts CV.

BRIDGING
  • Bridge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Bridge1 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Bridge2 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Real = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
      • Set CartOut[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Set CartIn[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Unhide Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Make Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] face Real over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] instantly to Point, facing Real degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
      • Selection - Select Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set CamraHight[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 700.00
      • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

GROUND
  • Ground
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground1 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground2 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground3 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground4 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground5 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground6 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground7 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground8 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground9 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground10 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground11 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground12 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground13 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground14 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground15 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground16 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground17 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground18 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground19 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground20 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground21 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground22 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground23 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground24 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground25 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Ground26 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A flying unit) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Real = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
      • Set CartOut[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Bridge[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Set CartIn[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Unhide Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Make Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] face Real over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] instantly to Point, facing Real degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
      • Selection - Select Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set CamraHight[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 600.00
      • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Ground[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is impossible to get a unit to walk under a bridge due to the fact there is no "under bridge" space in the play field.

Both pathing and graphics do not support this.

Triggers might emulate the effect of a 2 layer bridge but they do need to do stuff like changing units and can potentially bug legit units who use certain pathings.

Level 9
i can attach the map here..
(it's not protected, from their website)
|
|
|
V

Attachments

• War Carts CV.w3x
    166.4 KB · Views: 60
The triggering that I did in my map was kinda inbuilt for it so I don't really recommend using the system in a map unless you want to have two units for each one unit in it and also don't use flying units if you want collision.
Also note Mitzui I made it up and didn't really put much time into it so it isn't really perfect and I also had to have another trigger that you missed that actually had to make the hidden unit face the same way that the current unit that isn't hidden face as it kinda bugs without it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.